• '10

@Imperious:

The map is terrible admittedly, but give them a chance. Lets hope the game plays well enough. Somebody can easily repaint some French units Olive and make a new map right?

Just paint some of your Tommies olive for the U.S. units. Painting French units for the U.S. would be embarrassing!

• All the infantry look the same, so it does not matter. They are generic units.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@Imperious:

The map is terrible admittedly, but give them a chance. Lets hope the game plays well enough. Somebody can easily repaint some French units Olive and make a new map right?

Just paint some of your Tommies olive for the U.S. units. Painting French units for the U.S. would be embarrassing!

@Imperious:

All the infantry look the same, so it does not matter. They are generic units.

I was thinking about painting the A&A tommies and that they would look like WWI doughboys.

• I hope the map gets improved before relise. If it does it might beat my ww1 game  :-D !

• I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but does the map they’re using look fimilar to anyone else? To me, it kinda looks like the old A&A Europe map with a re-colouring and a distorting of the old boundries. Anyone else seeing this?

p.s. Another thing I just noticed, France on this map is shown holding the Alsace-Lorraine region which is glaringly inaccurate (as opposed to the forgivable one we see in games, where its done for simplicity or what-not).

• @Shakespeare:

I hope, as it is said here before, that the map is only a prototype, becz at it looks now it really looks amateurish.

@i:

I hope the map gets improved before relise. If it does it might beat my ww1 game  :-D !

@Clyde85:

I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but does the map they’re using look fimilar to anyone else? To me, it kinda looks like the old A&A Europe map with a re-colouring and a distorting of the old boundries. Anyone else seeing this?

p.s. Another thing I just noticed, France on this map is shown holding the Alsace-Lorraine region which is glaringly inaccurate (as opposed to the forgivable one we see in games, where its done for simplicity or what-not).

@FieldMarshalGames:

New Picture.  Board is still in the works and final version is not shown.

People sure do love to respond before reading things through …

ANY attempt at a WW1 game that works sounds great to me.  Anything other than trench warfare is refreshing!

• @Rorschach:

People sure do love to respond before reading things through …

I read the whole thing through, and I stand by my statment, it does look like the old A&A Europe map. If your putting out promotional material and you dont have a finished map why not just leave it out instead of putting up a “prototype” or stand-in? Given the rather negative responses I’ve seen, marketing wise it was a bad move.

• I wonder if it will be better then my WW1 game thoguh……

• '10

This project is starting to get off the ground!  Here is the LATEST version of the board (Not final - Partial shown only).

They are just working out some balance issues and the game will move to the next phase of production.

If you have not pre-ordered this game you can here:
    http://www.legiongaming.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

CONFLICTMAP1.JPG

• I wonder if they are going to add some more land between paris and berlin…… and what rules they will have for capturing capitals.

• Yea that looks terrible. at least two spaces between Germany and Paris. Geez.

• So fieldmarshall said;
    @FieldMarshalGames:

This project is starting to get off the ground!  Here is the LATEST version of the board (Not final - Partial shown only).

And here are the responses so far
    @i:

I wonder if they are going to add some more land between paris and berlin…… and what rules they will have for capturing capitals.

@Imperious:

Yea that looks terrible. at least two spaces between Germany and Paris. Geez.

And I have to agree with them. I dont know why they keep posting these protoype maps when all it dose is earn them negative criticism(they STILL show the Alsace-Lorraine as French! this is WW1 not WW2!)

• LOL.

I see a pattern here…lack of knowledge about ww1, but still making games based on ww1. hmmmm.

• Customizer

I’ve yet to come across a WWI game I like…

• Want a quick laugh? Go to the legion gaming site, click on forums.

DO NOT CLICK ANY LINK IN ANY POST… Just see what damage bots can do on a forum…

• '10

Their Map is in Flux right now.  The game is being Balanced.

I just shared some NEWS as there hadn’t been any for awhile.

As you can see the Map is improving graphically.  The territories still need to be adjusted etc…

• All I can say to them is, dont rush it!

• Customizer

I agree I Rock, I’m looking forward to this being a good game.  :-D

• the map looks good, but i still think they need to add 1 or 2 more territories between germany and paris.

• The map doesn’t even have Constantinople right!

It was in the 20’s it was renamed Istanbul by Ataturk.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m