• Will this game have units for Zepplins, bi-planes, trenches, Gotha bombers?

I’d be disappointed if there were no Zepplins!

• It will have the just the listed pieces. If it had Zeppelins i would have posted a picture of them. Im trying to get a decent map picture.

• '10

New Picture.  Board is still in the works and final version is not shown.

boardsetup.jpg

• Is the board just Europe or the entire world?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Looks to be Europe plus Turkey. Maybe North Africa? Probably ala Castle Risk style.

• Looks like it has the 7 Diplomacy powers and no one else(no US, Japan, etc.)

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

Looks like it has the 7 Diplomacy powers and no one else(no US, Japan, etc.)

My understanding is that the United States is represented by French reinforcements on a certain turn.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

If that’s the case, I think I kinda like that idea. It keeps it KISS by not having to involve another power 3/4 of the way through the game.

• I hope, as it is said here before, that the map is only a prototype, becz at it looks now it really looks amateurish.

That could destroy any interest I have in this game.

I’m looking forward to The Conflict and will buy it, but not if the map looks like the one in the only photos we have now.

Further, I am disappointed that the US will not have it’s own units in the game.

Being represented by French units?

How historical is this game, when one of the great Powers is not even represented by it’s own units?

Disappointed by that miss too.

• The map is terrible admittedly, but give them a chance. Lets hope the game plays well enough. Somebody can easily repaint some French units Olive and make a new map right?

• '10

@Imperious:

The map is terrible admittedly, but give them a chance. Lets hope the game plays well enough. Somebody can easily repaint some French units Olive and make a new map right?

Just paint some of your Tommies olive for the U.S. units. Painting French units for the U.S. would be embarrassing!

• All the infantry look the same, so it does not matter. They are generic units.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@Imperious:

The map is terrible admittedly, but give them a chance. Lets hope the game plays well enough. Somebody can easily repaint some French units Olive and make a new map right?

Just paint some of your Tommies olive for the U.S. units. Painting French units for the U.S. would be embarrassing!

@Imperious:

All the infantry look the same, so it does not matter. They are generic units.

I was thinking about painting the A&A tommies and that they would look like WWI doughboys.

• I hope the map gets improved before relise. If it does it might beat my ww1 game  :-D !

• I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but does the map they’re using look fimilar to anyone else? To me, it kinda looks like the old A&A Europe map with a re-colouring and a distorting of the old boundries. Anyone else seeing this?

p.s. Another thing I just noticed, France on this map is shown holding the Alsace-Lorraine region which is glaringly inaccurate (as opposed to the forgivable one we see in games, where its done for simplicity or what-not).

• @Shakespeare:

I hope, as it is said here before, that the map is only a prototype, becz at it looks now it really looks amateurish.

@i:

I hope the map gets improved before relise. If it does it might beat my ww1 game  :-D !

@Clyde85:

I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but does the map they’re using look fimilar to anyone else? To me, it kinda looks like the old A&A Europe map with a re-colouring and a distorting of the old boundries. Anyone else seeing this?

p.s. Another thing I just noticed, France on this map is shown holding the Alsace-Lorraine region which is glaringly inaccurate (as opposed to the forgivable one we see in games, where its done for simplicity or what-not).

@FieldMarshalGames:

New Picture.  Board is still in the works and final version is not shown.

People sure do love to respond before reading things through …

ANY attempt at a WW1 game that works sounds great to me.  Anything other than trench warfare is refreshing!

• @Rorschach:

People sure do love to respond before reading things through …

I read the whole thing through, and I stand by my statment, it does look like the old A&A Europe map. If your putting out promotional material and you dont have a finished map why not just leave it out instead of putting up a “prototype” or stand-in? Given the rather negative responses I’ve seen, marketing wise it was a bad move.

• I wonder if it will be better then my WW1 game thoguh……

• '10

This project is starting to get off the ground!  Here is the LATEST version of the board (Not final - Partial shown only).

They are just working out some balance issues and the game will move to the next phase of production.

If you have not pre-ordered this game you can here:
    http://www.legiongaming.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

CONFLICTMAP1.JPG

• I wonder if they are going to add some more land between paris and berlin…… and what rules they will have for capturing capitals.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m