Imperialism 1885-A&A Global variant setup?

• Eagle Games basically did this with their War: Age of Imperialism game, which is not longer available.  They still sell the miniatures for the game however, and there is a computer version that they still might have available.  I have to see how many of the computer games I still have.

For the basic game, they have the British, France, Germany, Japan, and Russia.  I have added what I call the Lesser European states: Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, and Italy as one group for simplicity of play.  You could have Spain and Portugal together, the Netherlands with it East Indies colonies, and the Italians with a desire to expand into Africa as separate powers as well. The main problem is right now, they have only 6 colors for units, so that limits the game to 6 players.  Pieces are nice and you also get native infantry modeled after the Zulus and native cavalry modeled after the Central Asia mounted fighters.  Building are city modeled after the Great Zimbawea, a factory, school, nice steam engine, and a fort.

I have a copy of the game, and I am thinking about expanding it to the New World by using the combined Attack and Attack Expansion boards.  They do not have either the resource or native level markers available, which is unfortunate, as I have already checked.  It was a nice game, and it would be good to get back into production.  We have a lot of fun with it in our summer game program.  The students really like it.

• I’m starting setup with the following nations

RUSSIA Capitol: Moscow

TRIPLE ALLIANCE (Italy, Germany, und Austria) Capitol: Berlin

OTTOMAN Capitol: Ankara, Turkey

IBERIAN ALLIANCE (Spain i Portugal) Capitol: Madrid, Spain

BRITAIN Capitol:London

USA Capitol: Washington

JAPAN Capitol:Tokyo

BENELUX ALLIANCE (France, Netherlands, and Belgium) Capitol: Paris

• i like those picks, also how would china be implemented, would they be in like global 1940 or would they have the ability to get better weapons?

• China will be divivded among great powers as it was under the “spheres of influence” before the open door policy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m