• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@thatonekid:

pretty much the only reason that they are put there is to stop taranto UK1, then the italians can pretty much take care of themselves.

They don’t stop it, they just make it painful for England.

However, that said, I’ll only go after SZ 97 if Germany puts fighters there!  If I can kill 1 or 2 of them (probably 2 of them) then I have a lot less work to do to stop Sea Lion.

• how is it possible for the english Med fleet to take out the fleet in Sz 97 in the first place. the axis have 4 things @4, and 1 thing @3. Uk only has 1@4 2@3 and 1@2. plus an AC to soak up hits. my math says the fighting power of the UK(12) vs the defending power of italy(19). italy will always win. also italy has 6 hits they can get against the uk’s 6. (this is assuming the fighter from malta is used.) there is noway UK can take out either italian fleet if the germans land two fighters in southern

Fighter from England (or W. France), Fighter from Gibraltar, Tactical Bomber, Destroyer, Cruiser, Aircraft Carrier from SZ 98 vs Cruiser, Battleship, 3 Fighters, 2 Transports

Round 1: 
    Attacker: 1@2 3@3 1@4 = 15 Punch ~= 2.5 Hits (round up, 3 hits)
    Damage Defending Battleship, Sink Defending Cruiser, Destroy Defending Fighter
    Defender: 1@3 4@4 = 19 Punch ~= 3.16 Hits (round down, 3 hits)
    Sink Attacking Carrier, Sink Attacking Destroyer

Round 2:
    Attacker: 3@3 1@4: = 13 Punch ~= 3.16 Hits (round down, 3 hits)
    Destroy 2 Defending Fighters, Sink Defending Battleship
    Defender: 3@4 = 12 Punch = 2 Hits
    Destroy 2 Attacking Fighters

Attacking Fighter from Malta can land on Malta
    Attacking Tactical Bomber from SZ 98 can land on Malta

Oh, and the cruiser is left in SZ 97, so if you also drop Inf.Arm in Greece, the Italians don’t have the power to kill them!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m