• Hey guys I’m brand new to this forum but not to the game. Just a quick question that my gaming groups have talked about; can a battleship bombard when it is alone in its own seazone or does it need to have an attacking transport with units on it.
    Thanks in advance for a response.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, pokemaniac!

Bombardment may only be done in conjunction with an amphibious assault.

• '12

I believe the old revised game might let you do multiple bombardments with a single unit amphib assult, ie, drop 1 infantry and your 3 battleships all get the single shot support bombardment.  The 1942 version of the game specifically indicated you need 1 landing unit for every naval unit doing a support bombardment.  I can’t speak for the other flavours of A and A.  Krieghund would be the one to verify that, the rest of us will be the ones to rib you for purchasing additional battleships to accomplish this.  :-)

• Thanks for the responses guys. I looked at the rules and there is nothing about needing one landing unit per bombarding unit.
    P.S. I’m thinking about getting a new version of axis and allies but I’m not sure which one. No specific price tag but try to keep it below $75.
    Once again thanks in advance.

• just remember if you did a naval battle in the zone of amphibious attack your battleship & destroyer if they have the TECH wont be able to shoot for ground support shot  :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No there wouldnt be.  In revised you can have 500 battleships bombarding for 1 infantry doing an amphibious assault.  It was probably the reason later editions required you to have one attacking ground unit for every bombardment.

IF you want to be up to date, get the 1940 version of the game.  IF you want to stay in your price range, I don’t know what you should do, maybe find the global game (1940) on eBay from someone who thought it was too complicated?

• @pokemaniac:

Thanks for the responses guys. I looked at the rules and there is nothing about needing one landing unit per bombarding unit.
    P.S. I’m thinking about getting a new version of axis and allies but I’m not sure which one. No specific price tag but try to keep it below $75.
    Once again thanks in advance.

1942 is Revised updated to the AA50 ruleset, slight map and starting unit differences. You can get it cheaply.
    AA50 is the Anniversary edition, out of print, and quite more expensive (300$ for 2nd hand copies). The best version, IMHO. You can always print Imperious Leader’s map, get the rules and initial setup and play it.
    AA40 Pacific and AA40 Europe are the latest versions, with more rule changes from AA50. Either fits into your budget and they are great too.

• Thanks for the responses. I found an axis and allies Europe 1940 that was a pretty decent price. In the future I’ll think about buying Pacific 1940 too although from what I’ve heard the global game takes way too long but I’ll try it. Thanks again for the help.

• Klop is not a dog. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m