Just went this weekend down to the Brazos River (here in Texas). Great time on the water. I think my favorite spot ever was in the middle of N.H. a lake buried on the side of a mountain. The fishing was good, and their was always a misty fog sitting on the ground. Any favorite spots for the rest of you guys?

GG

• ya. its a national park(here in ontario, canada) called the Bruce Peninsula National Park. google it or the Bruce trial for more info.

• CC - I am from the Brazos river area (Bryan/College Station), and I vaguely remember the parks and stuff back then.

In Kentucky, I really enjoy the Red River Gorge and Land Between the Lakes.

@Jermofoot:

CC - I am from the Brazos river area (Bryan/College Station), and I vaguely remember the parks and stuff back then.

In Kentucky, I really enjoy the Red River Gorge and Land Between the Lakes.

It’s a great area! I was camping around Glen Rose

GG

• I like camping on the Gulf Coast on the beach. Good times.

• Smack in the middle of PA, Clinton & Centre counties, take your pick. There’s a spot where the east & west branches of the Susquehanna R come together (or split apart, if you like) where you’re surrounded on all sides by the forest-covered Appalachians, and other than a railroad line for coal trains, there’s pretty much nothing whatsoever for miles around….'cept the river, that is. The water is so clear and runs so fast, you can see the massive boulders that eroded & fell form the mountainsides over the millennia and now make up the bed of the river from your canoe. There’re isolated hunting camps & cabins out there but there isn’t anyone in 'em most of the year.

Just amazing to be in the center of the state, with clear air to see the stars, wildlife around that isn’t much scared of you, and all that silence. Not a traffic sound to be heard. Gotta love that.

Rob.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m