Just What Was Bunnies Thinking? Russian Roulette (Triple) Game Ccmmentary

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I am running version 1.3.5, is that incompatible with:
    http://sites.google.com/site/tripleaerniebommel/home/mods/TripleA_Quality_Mods_EB.xml

I can’t find any version with that numbering. Can you confirm it?

You actually should try to get 1.3.1.0 first. Their lobby isn’t working at the moment but the lobby for 1.2.5.5 has been closed today.

You might be running a older game version that is conflicting with one of the new v4 scenarios for 1.3.1.0. Looks that way from the error message. Are you sure you were running 1.3.1.0 when you tried to load it?

• '12

I just recently installed the software, about 1 week ago. I start triplea via start menu and right away the error message list is displayed, the user interface shows Game Version 1.3.5.  I wonder if this is a newer version based on version numbers, perhaps a beta?

Ah, the properties for triplea show it as 1_2_5_5, I wonder what the discrepancy is about?

I see, the game version was for the version of the map the 1.2.5.5 software was running,  by default the triplea software is using World War II Revised version 1.3.5 game to run, I can select one of 5 games under Choose Games

World War II v4 is not an option, unless I goto download maps, select that site you mentioned and press list games and re-Install World War II v4, it says I have version 2.7 installed and to replace it with the same, so I press Yes.  It starts to download and…its stuck downloading for the last 5 minutes…OK, successfully installed, restart tripleA before playing so…OK,  Quit, Restart and list of errors along with the tripleA software running with the same 5 default games available to play…Ugh

I used to write software that ran/runs on fortune 500 computers, I’m not the same since an accident but I should be able to get this to run.

• Game Version 1.3.5. refers to the version of the scenario currently loaded

• '12

Thanks for pointing that out to me :-)  So the newer version of the software works fine, didn’t have to download maps to get the V4 map but of course it won’t run those saved games.  The older version continues to have issues so I will uninstall it and reinstall it.

• '12

Well, I un-installed both versions of the software, deleted the folders, reinstalled 1.2.5.5 and it works fine.  I then followed the listed instructions, downloaded maps, used:
    http://sites.google.com/site/tripleaerniebommel/home/mods/TripleA_Quality_Mods_EB.xml

Selected World War II v4, it downloaded, installed fine, instructed me to restart the software and I did, and now I get the same errors again since I downloaded that map.  I guess i will have to ask in the forum at http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Well, I un-installed both versions of the software, deleted the folders, reinstalled 1.2.5.5 and it works fine.  I then followed the listed instructions, downloaded maps, used:

OK, I think I figured it out. You need to remove 1.2.5.5 and install TripleA game engine 1.3.1.0 - the World War II v4 scenario available for download has already been updated to version 2.7, which is not compatible with game engine version 1.2.5.5

• '12

Thanks for clearing that up Hobbes, greatly appreciated.  But a pity, so all the sample .tsvg files here can never be viewed by me as I can’t get 1.2.5.5 map files to work with them and those files cannot be read by 1.3.1.0  I guess there isn’t much call for conversion software to upgrade the .tsvg files to newer engines.

So I guess I must wait for new games to be played on tripleA then view them?  I haven’t tried doing this yes but I understand this is possible?

• I’ll save my next game, as soon as the server is back online. :)

I can host a game if anyone is interested

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m