What IF canada stayed out of the war(IF)

• Okay I’ll say this one last time. Keep the thread on topic! Otherwise this is my last post. No I’m not being a moderators pet (  :-D see how I said that haha… okay nvm) I’m just trying to keep the thread from being deleted. So whats your guys opinion on the Canadian wartime production during WWII?

• Good try but i think this it dead any ways. it had a good life. :)  and its ok to get off topic, like i said, but as long as it doesn’t affect the base of the whole topic

• Ah alright good point. Well lets just stop if you already haven’t. Consider this thread dead  :-D

• '10

In closing:  The Allies (UK in this case alone) could have lost the war if Canada had remained Neutral  :-D

• and thus we end on a happy note

• Oh boy. I missed out on THIS?

Sorry, guys, it’s my duty as a Canadian to post in here  :-D

Canada’s economy aside, as she would have supported the British regardless of her official political and military stance in the war, there are other things to consider.

The Canadian military was the only military worth noting that could have interfered with a German invasion. Nearly the entire British army’s heavy equipment was left at Dunkirk, and her factories were at the point of collapse from the amount of bombings the Germans employed against them.

That is where we should discuss some more, the Battle of Britain. Canada is where a huge percentage of pilots from across the Commonwealth were trained. I believe the number is as high as 90% of the pilots that fought over Britain were trained in the Canadian wilderness.

In addition, the Canadian aviation projects that occurred between 1939 through 1942, when America’s input was seriously felt, was what kept the Allied air fleets in the skies to defend Britain in the first place.

Everyone knows air superiority is what wins a war.

• Without Canada (and the commonwealth),  England would have lost the war.
    Simple as that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m