• '12

I would have thought this big new on this site.  Congratulations US of A, now it’s time to figure out why such a bad man was so popular with so many people.

An interesting note, I wonder how Pakistan will explain the fact his compound was less than 200 yards from their premiere military academy, and that one would have to go through military checkpoints to even get to the compound?  I am not so sure the response “I dunno” will get much traction.

• '10

While I was deeply satisfied at hearing this news I cannot say that it uplifted my spirits. Hopefully this will give the families of the victims some sense of closure and perhaps a small measure of peace.

• I’m glad this done with. I suppose it’s good news but it never feels right to me to celebrate someone’s death. I did get a little spirited at the spontaneous USA chant at the Mets-Phillies game.

• '12

That USA chant might have felt right at the moment but it usually doesn’t play that well on the world stage.  Chanting USA USA during a boxing match between an american and non-american makes the chanters look well, hard to put in words but not a positive feeling towards them.  Sure, in wrestling when Sgt Slaughter is up against the Iron Sheik it works fine.  Yamamoto was probably more dangerous to the US, and when he was ‘taken’ out it was a bit more sombre.  Mind you, Yamamoto was a war hero and Bin Laden merely a criminal, but to many, sadly, Bin Laden is considered a war hero.

I would have thought the inventors of Madison Ave would have been able to sell the fact Bin Laden is bad and the US of A is good is bit better.  Maybe the US just needs to be a bit better and being thought of as good.  The US is basically good, a few things like the overthrow of democracy in Iran in favour of a pro-US dictator should not forever blemish the generallyl good record of the US.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow what a bunch of bleeding hearts.

That’s what’s wrong with America today, you feel BAD for killing the BAD GUY.

What do you think Osama Bin Laden wants from his death?  For you to feel exactly like that, sombre.  You guys can go ahead and play his game.

As for me…

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD! Time to cheer in the streets, Good Riddance!

Personally, if I was president I would have turned Osama’s skin into rug.  And let Americans beat it with sticks as part of a tourist attraction at the whitehouse.

Side Note - Obama, wtf, “I made the call, I found Osama Bin Ladenl, I killed this terrorist”  Obama didn’t do JACK, and probably got a memo saying Osama was killed.

That said, what was with the “Burial at sea”  after no one has seen the body, and no evidence has been produced.  I sniff another Elvis/Bigge/Tupac coming on here.

• The man who turns the other cheek gets bruises on both sides of his face so OBL’s death was necessary. But an eye for an eye makes the world blind so his death is not something to be celebrated.

• i wounder how the alkida will resond to this tragady?  any one play mw1-2 dont you see it was predicted. by a game over 2-3 years ago.

spoiler allert:

zakaiv dies and a new eviler guy takes his place and starts to mass murder.

• @Gargantua:

That said, what was with the “Burial at sea”  after no one has seen the body, and no evidence has been produced.  I sniff another Elvis/Bigge/Tupac coming on here.

Well, apart from those scenarios, a sea burial does make sense.

Which country would (officialy) want to have his grave on their soil?

Also, graves can easily become special places (can’t find the correct word in english, sorry, …“pilgrimage”, maybe?) for a certain kind of fanatic people.
    Dumped in the sea, there cannot be such a place.

• @Gargantua:

Wow what a bunch of bleeding hearts.

That’s what’s wrong with America today, you feel BAD for killing the BAD GUY.

What do you think Osama Bin Laden wants from his death?  For you to feel exactly like that, sombre.  You guys can go ahead and play his game.

No one said that.  Everyone is glad that ahole is dead, just not wanting to celebrate a death and realizing that with his death does not bring the death of terrorism.  That only makes you a monster like him.

Side Note - Obama, wtf, “I made the call, I found Osama Bin Ladenl, I killed this terrorist”  Obama didn’t do JACK, and probably got a memo saying Osama was killed.

You didn’t listen to the speech, did you?  Of course not.

You know, I’m going to take their word on this.  More is at stake lying about it than it actually happening.  As special forces said, burying him at sea negates the possibility of a shrine or something similar at his grave.  It also gives the US credit in respecting Muslim customs so it can’t be used against us.

@cminke:

i wounder how the alkida will resond to this tragady?

The will martyr him and fill in the vacancy.  Probably vow revenge too.

• '12

Good point special forces.  You don’t want his grave site to be a shrine.  Now, a thought exercise.   Either he is A) Dead and the US gov speaks the truth or B) He lives or in any case, the US gov lies to the point where conspiracy theory types are correct.  If B) is your choice then no proof offered would ever EVER satisfy you, you’re right, always were so no point in reading further.  Carry on and good luck.

Now, to the sane folks still reading…… Hate him or like him, you gotta bury him in 24 hours as he is Muslim.   Now you could make a rug out of his skin and enrage the Muslim world that for some reason, liked Bin Laden.  I suppose it depends on how many innocent lives are worth your right to do what you will.

If it were up to me, I would bury him at sea so his burial site does not become a shrine.  I would try to be modest in victory and do my best to understand why I am hated and why people are willing to die to kill me, why in fact Bin Laden was adored by so many.  I would even say nice things about bin laden if it would save lives.

Killing people who hate you is no way to be liked, granted, some have to die to save more.

• shrine!

that was the word i was looking for  :lol:

Hey guys, this thread can stay open. Obligatory moderating warning though… You know the drill.

GG

• Yea exactly or we will send “alkida” to c9me git yoo.

• I’m glad he’s gone but it probably makes us a bigger target.  Here is an interesting fact April 28 1945 Benito Mussolini was shot and killed also on April 30 1945 Hitler committed suicide   these evil people all died within the same time of the year. (end of April beginning of May)  just 66 years apart.  In neutral Portugal the government ordered 2 days of national mourning and flags were flown at half-staff.       W.W.II Almanac 1931-1945    What are the days when Sadam was captured and executed ?

• @Imperious:

…to c9me git yoo.

sorry my com can decrypt this… can you translate?

• sorry my com can decrypt this… can you translate?

Use your enigma machine. This message was encoded using a stolen machine we got from one of your u-boats we sunk.

• i broke it  :oops:

• It’s hard to believe that Bin Laden was found and killed. After his escape from Tora Bora I thought he would hide in bunkers for the rest of his days or was already dead from health problems.

Pakistan has some questions to answer.

Are you all ready for the next Bin Laden tape to show up claiming to his survival?

• oh ya and i just wached daily planet on binladen

• WHAT DID YOU EXPECT HES THE PREZ, HE HAS TO SAY THAT. (EXPECALY W/ A GUY AS BAD AS BILADEN) THE PRZ HAS TO APPROVE OF THAT KIND OF OP!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m