• I have found that if the germans build gobs of infantry for the first 2-3 turns and then builds massive armies of tanks you can capture Moscow in 4-10 turns, espescially if Russia is foccused on Japan. With Japan I like to take out the american navy, capture india, and build a factory in Kwangtung. :-D

• Hello Luft!

I don’t know who you’re playing against, but I can tell you that Russia “focusing on Japan” is a rare occurance in my games…

Other than that, yup, INF and ARM are the bulk of any German army. One plane once in a while also helps.

• @Lufftwaffe:

I have found that if the germans build gobs of infantry for the first 2-3 turns and then builds massive armies of tanks you can capture Moscow in 4-10 turns, espescially if Russia is foccused on Japan. With Japan I like to take out the american navy, capture india, and build a factory in Kwangtung. :-D

Luftwaffe, come and join the tripleA community and test your strategy in some league or friendly games online. You will see that there are more secrets to the German and Russian strategies then buying infs and tnks.

The catch of your strategy is that if you are only buying inf first turns you might lose countries and make less IPCs and come less strong against Russia that might be on the opposite stronger then it would be otherwise. Also if you are buying no air, the US/UK need not buy that much ships to cover their trannies and will come to Europe earlier. Do you do Anglo-Egypt R1? And yes, you will find Russia dealing with Germany during first rounds most of the games.

• I can see that a few planes would come in handy :-D But in my games the Japanese player usually attacks Russia in the 1st or 2nd turn with a large army of INF and Tanks, so as the Germans, I can take a while to build up my armies :evil:

• @Lufftwaffe:

I can see that a few planes would come in handy :-D But in my games the Japanese player usually attacks Russia in the 1st or 2nd turn with a large army of INF and Tanks, so as the Germans, I can take a while to build up my armies :evil:

I guess it depends on your definition of ‘large’ but the most Japan can do against Russia on the 1st and 2nd turns is to take Buryatia/SFE/Yakut. Russia can and should pull back from those territories and if you are concentrating on that area then you won’t have much units to push through China/India. And even if you get Novosibirsk on the 2nd turn (by attacking and destroying the Russian stack on Buryatia, if the Russians moved their 6 inf there), the single Japanese armor will be an easy picking for the Russians.

Also, Kwantung is the worst place for a Japanese IC. Indochina/India/Manchuria are much better.

• When Japan attacks Russia, it keeps Russia off balance and distracts some of their important units away from the Eastern front :evil:

• @Lufftwaffe:

When Japan attacks Russia, it keeps Russia off balance and distracts some of their important units away from the Eastern front :evil:

Russia can ignore the Japanese and pull back to Moscow until the 3rd turn without any significant loss of income. If the Russian player is paying attention to Japan during those 3 turns instead of focusing on the Germans then he’s using the wrong strategy to deal with yours.

• Do you play with national advantages? If you do than you could bring US and british to Russia and on Russia’s purchase units phase they can switch out the other allied units and put their own in their place!!

• @Lufftwaffe:

Do you play with national advantages? If you do than you could bring US and british to Russia and on Russia’s purchase units phase they can switch out the other allied units and put their own in their place!!

National Advantages don’t exist on the Spring 1942 rules. They are only used on the Revised edition.

• oh… isn’t Spring 1942 the Revised edition, because on my box it says, “Spring 1942, the world is at war”. By the way, what strategies do you use?

• @Lufftwaffe:

oh… isn’t Spring 1942 the Revised edition, because on my box it says, “Spring 1942, the world is at war”. By the way, what strategies do you use?

That’s the Spring 1942 edition. It is the Revised edition upgraded with the new rules that came with the Anniversary edition. The Revised edition had the NAs but they were dropped for the Spring 1942 edition.

• Oh…. thanks for clearing that up for me :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m