• Yes okay my post was a little misleading. But I did stare about adding ALLIED nations into the game and by that I meant the Dutch and Communists. Yes I know there was no communist china at the time but they did as you said have control over certain regions of china. Thailand is in fact politically known as a co-belligerent nation on the axis side of the war.

Now communist China I’m having some trouble with. Adding Canada, the Dutch and Free French would give us 3 minor allies. The question is “do we really need the chinese communists in the game?”. If so I have an interesting idea. We make a system so that on some turns the chinses fight AGAINST each other and on other turns the side with each other. However this is tricky.

Still I want to first finish NAs for the Axis minors and make rules for the Dutch, Thailand, and Manchukuo before we get into China. I am almost finished with the french NOs and NAs so I’ll have them ready by this weekend at the latest. Maybe even this week though. So if you could CWO dish out the facts in your imense noggin and tell us some uniquw things about Romania, Hungary, Finland, and Bulgaria in WWII.

• Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria are pretty much out of my orbit, but here are a couple of thoughts as far as Finland goes:

Finland’s participation in the German attack on the USSR was as a co-belligerent (rather than as an Axis member) and it saw the conflict as the second phase of the original Russo-Finnish Winter War of 1939-1940 – hence its name “The Continuation War” in Finland.  Its national objective could be stated as the reconquest of the territories lost to Russia in the Winter War, plus some additional territorial gains for good measure.  (See “Continuation War” in Wikipedia for more details: “Finland’s main goal during World War II—although it was nowhere openly stated—was to survive the war as an independent democratic country, capable of maintaining its sovereignty in a politically hostile environment. Specifically for the Continuation War, Finland also aimed at reversing its territorial losses under the March 1940 Moscow Peace Treaty and by extending its territory further east, to have more non-Finnish land to defend before armies from the USSR could enter Finnish territories.”)

• Alright so heres my ideas for Finlands NAs. One is Winter War. When Finish units defend Vyborg or Finland then the battle lasts one round then the Allies retreat (this represents the limited logistics in Finland and the climate and terrain). Lastly is Finland Foreign Relations. Finland gets one free infantry unit a turn (Swedish volunteers) and if the Allies control at least one European Axis capitol and the European Axis control less than 3 VCs then Finland becomes a minor allied nations.

• Oztea I’m confused on the Canada setup. Do you setup the troops listed AND the troops already there? In other words in the OOB version Onatio will have TWO infantry and one artillery?

• Replace the UK units with ANZAC (Commonwealth) unless otherwise noted

• Alright so the Final setup for the Canada territories is Quebec: 2 Infantry, 2 Armor, 1 fighter and 1 minor IC. Ontario: 2 infantry, 1 Artillery and Nova Scotia: 1 Infantry, naval base. is their two transports and two destroyers in sz 106?

• Ok, replace wasnt the right word
    Put it this way, there are no UK units in canada, Commonwealth only

Quebec - 1 Infantry, 1 Armor, 1 Fighter, Minor IC
    Ontario - 1 Infantry, 1 Artilery
    Nova Scotia - 1 Infantry, Naval Base
    British Coloumbia - 1 Infantry
    SZ 106 - 1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    SZ 123 (Iceland) - 1 Destroyer, 1 Transport, 1 Infantry, 1 Transport (UK)
    United Kingdom - 1 Infantry
    Egypt - ANZAC Units as normal, as with all other ANZAC units on the pacific board

Remember, ANZAC + Canada is a 2 economy power, called Commonwealth.

• Alright all cleared up. Now I’m done with NAs for Free French, Vichy French (these are mainly rules for limits on the forces), and Minor Axis. I still think you should do Canada cause it’s your official rule and I don’t want to steal it. Also you make really good NAs. I will make rules for the Dutch, Thailand, Manchukuo and MAYBE the Chinese Commies.

• I really like the Canadian set up. Looking forward to the Dutch addition.

• Is this thing still alive.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m