• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

You have 4 votes to pick which 4 sets I will do next!

• My “other” vote was for a Swastika roundel.

• @dannyboy2016:

My “other” vote was for a Swastika roundel.

I’m not going to launch into my tirade, but if you’ve been following the other posts he will not be doing a swastika.

• Right.  No on Swastika.  But he could do that other German logo they have on the tanks the ‘+’ sign

• @Imperious:

Right.  No on Swastika.  But he could do that other German logo they have on the tanks the ‘+’ sign

The Iron Cross.  This actually was the symbol of the German military at the time.  To my knowledge the only military hardware to sport the swastika was some Luftwaffe planes due to Goering’s close connection to Hitler.

• Customizer

Actually, the symbol that you see on the majority of WW2 German military equipment is not the “Iron Cross”.  That symbol has curved sides which make the center intersection narrow while making the four edges wide.  That was more the symbol of the German military for WW1.  The straight black cross symbol outlined in white, and sometimes with a very thin black line outside of the white, is called the “blakenkreuse” ,  literally translated as “black cross”.

• Red star and Japan. I won’t go into my tirade either. I apologized by the way dadler. I don’t know if you saw that.

• @GoSanchez6:

Red star and Japan. I won’t go into my tirade either. I apologized by the way dadler. I don’t know if you saw that.

Yes I did see that Sanchez.

@knp7765:

Actually, the symbol that you see on the majority of WW2 German military equipment is not the “Iron Cross”.  That symbol has curved sides which make the center intersection narrow while making the four edges wide.  That was more the symbol of the German military for WW1.  The straight black cross symbol outlined in white, and sometimes with a very thin black line outside of the white, is called the “blakenkreuse” ,  literally translated as “black cross”.

Interesting, I did not know that.

• The  iron cross the germans used was pulled from the teutonic knights of old. Barbarosa was a teutonic knight. According to German lore he was sleeping and one day he would awaken to conquer Russia.

• @knp7765:

The Balkenkreuz:

The word ‘balk’ means beam. It does not mean black. In this case its a cross made out of 2 beams.

• Customizer

@13thguardsriflediv:

@knp7765:

The Balkenkreuz:

The word ‘balk’ means beam. It does not mean black. In this case its a cross made out of 2 beams.

Ah, that does make more sense.  Thanks for the correction 13th.  I had the spelling and terminology wrong, but at least I was close.  I should have known it wasn’t “black cross” since the German word for black is schwartz, but I just didn’t put it together.

• It looks like my red star idea has caught legs. Shame I was stoned to death on the other.

• Hey Coach curious if you have made a decision on the next set of roundels. I know I want the red star and Japans. What kind of timeframe do you think. Thanks

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I have not locked it down yet. I am going in may directions and am trying to figure out what the next move is.

• Thanks Coach.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m