• I have a few questions, assume Alpha +2 rules - thanks in advance for help:

1.)  When you place an airbase, navel base or upgrade a minor industrial - does that count againt the production limit for the territory it is placed in?  Example:  UK places an airbase at its South African minor IC - can it then place up to 2 more units or 3?  How do new AA guns factor in?

2.)  Which territories (other than the obviously original Chinese ones) can the Chinese fighter occupy?  What conditions if any must exist 1st?  Example:  Does the UK need to be at war with Japan for China to land in Sham or Burma?

3.)  Does the (optional) rader tech upgrade the quality of facility AA guns or just the AA guns that protect ground units?

4.)  If defending air units participate in an air battle during a strategic bombing raid are they also eligible to participate in a scramble in that same turn?

Best,
    Will

• A 1.)  No.  Bases are seperate from unit production.  AA guns count towards your max units per turn.

A 2.)  China can land it anywhere there’s a Chinese Roundel, including the ones Japan starts with.  UK is Neutral at the start and must be brought into the war before going out to help Burma or Hong Kong.

A 3.)  All.

A 4.)  No.

• Close.

#2 UK is neutral toward Japan but MAY declare war on Japan before Japan declares war on UK.  There are serious consequences to consider, but this is perfectly allowable.  I did it today, and destroyed both Jap strat bombers and a couple of other planes on the ground in Kwa on J1.  Plus the UK gets an NO of 5 IPC’s that way.

You allow Japan to continue collecting 10 as long as FIC is not taken and USA is not attacked, but ANZ also starts getting at-war NO’s.

Anyway, yes the Chinese can go to Hong Kong (Kwangtung) or Burma in addition to original Chinese territories, and this includes before Japan and UK are at war.

You said China can go to Shan.  That is not correct.

• China can ignore the Neutrality rules?  I know China is a special case but… that doesn’t seem very logical.  The rules say you can move into those 2 spots… but doesn’t say you can ignore neutrality.

• @Dark_Destroyer:

China can ignore the Neutrality rules?  I know China is a special case but… that doesn’t seem very logical.  The rules say you can move into those 2 spots… but doesn’t say you can ignore neutrality.

UK is not neutral.  She is at war with Germany and Italy.

• @gamerman01:

@Dark_Destroyer:

China can ignore the Neutrality rules?  I know China is a special case but… that doesn’t seem very logical.  The rules say you can move into those 2 spots… but doesn’t say you can ignore neutrality.

UK is not neutral.  She is at war with Germany and Italy.

But United Kingdom and India are 2 different powers.  The only thing they share are Techs.  United Kingdom can actually declare war on Japan and India still be Neutral…. ?

Read it nevermind lol, Uk can’t do that.  Another Illogical thing to add :(

end note  UK split = Nonsensical, really needed to do a better job at seperating the two.  When UK falls, India can not pick up IPC from fighting in the Middle East.  Very unreasonable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m