• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m moving out of the combat in sz 6 with the units I don’t want to fight, and then moving them their second movement in the non com phase.
    It’s like if a tank blitz’s into an undefended territory during the combat move, and then moves out in the non com phase of the same turn

America has a FAT navy in Sz6.

Japan Builds a Destroyer

The Americans retreat some units from combat to avoid Kamikazes.

THEN after Combat is resolved, the Americans move thier navy AGAIN.  Effectively moving in Combat, and Non Combat?  Is this legal?  I doubt it… but I need a ruling.

• Customizer

I know you’re waitng for Krieghund, but how is it rationalized that a ship can be moved again in NCM after it has moved in CM?

• It’s spelled out on pg 13 of the Europe Rulebook

• Customizer

page 13 states you can leave and come back in Combat Phase, but only if it is as an amphibious assault.

Movement is not then allowed in NCM if these units were moved in CM

“Once these sea units have moved and/or participated in combat, they can’t move or participate in the Noncombat Movement phase of the turn.”

• Customizer

Where did he move to?  If he backed into another zone that allows kamikaze attacks during the CM, he may yet face those kamikazes.

• @jim010:

page 13 states you can leave and come back in Combat Phase, but only if it is as an amphibious assault.

Movement is not then allowed in NCM if these units were moved in CM

“Once these sea units have moved and/or participated in combat, they can’t move or participate in the Noncombat Movement phase of the turn.”

This, right here.

Once moved, they’re done.  You can either move them in Combat movement OR non-combat movement, not both.

Even the tank blitz does not allow you to move in both.  A tank enters an empty enemy territory, captures it and continues its movement to the next territory all in the combat movement phase.

• Customizer

I see checked the kamikaze rule, and you are allowed to use your kamikazes if he backed to another space that has the kamikaze symbol.  Even if there is no unit there to attack.

“If an Allied player has moved ships into one of the above sea zones, the Japanese player can announce during this phase that he or she intends to launch a kamikaze attack.”

Ironically, it sounds like he has to move into a kamikaze space to be targeted.  What if he starts the turn there?  That may be a loophole.

• Official Q&A

It depends on whether you’re talking about OOB or Alpha.  In OOB, kamikaze may be used if the ships end their combat movement in a kamikaze zone, whether or not there is a battle.  In Alpha, kamikaze are triggered by combat, not combat movement, so the ships must actually fight in a kamikaze zone (or launch an amphibious assault from it) in order to be targeted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m