• Customizer

I’m sure it’s been asked, but if someone attacks my subs and single DD with no DDs, a ship and some planes and a bunch of TTs doing an amphibious assault, he still has to do battle with my subs even after my DD is killed, right?

And if so, when he no longer has any units capable of hitting my subs, and I can no longer hit his planes, what happens to his TTs?

Cheers

• @jim010:

I’m sure it’s been asked, but if someone attacks my subs and single DD with no DDs, a ship and some planes and a bunch of TTs doing an amphibious assault, he still has to do battle with my subs even after my DD is killed, right?

And if so, when he no longer has any units capable of hitting my subs, and I can no longer hit his planes, what happens to his TTs?

Cheers

He retreats.  The attacker always has the option to retreat.  If you had transports, he could choose to remain, with his planes rolling against your transports and your subs rolling against his transports, but since he has no more legal targets, he either chooses to remain (losing the transports) or he retreats.

• Customizer

That’s what I assume, but I want to be sure.  So once the sub runs out of eligible targets, the TTs must be chosen?

• @jim010:

That’s what I assume, but I want to be sure.  So once the sub runs out of eligible targets, the TTs must be chosen?

Yes.  And if you ever have a round of battle where excess hits need to be applied, they overflow onto TTs.  They’re last to be selected as a casualty, but that might mean one or two out of say, 10, might end up falling during a round, if every other legal target dies.  They don’t always instantly die.  They only instantly die if they’re the ONLY legal target and they’re on the defender’s side.

• Customizer

This is what I understood as well.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Your sub would have to hit his ship/ships for it to matter.

Because if you submerge that does nothing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m