Scorched earth -china edition- help krieg!

• Japan has an airbase in China.  Russia liberates said territory.  Is the facility removed immediately or not until the chineese turn?  If Japan recaptures the territory before china’s turn, can they save a facility?

• I didn’t think air or naval bases were removed, only ICs. P. 9 of the Pacific rules only mentions removing ICs.

• Official Q&A

Kobu’s right, only ICs are removed.  They are removed immediately upon the liberation of the territory, by the way.

• Ah.  Thanks.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What a ridiculous rule.

Either everything should be nuked, or nothing.  It’s not like china can use the complex anyways.  Or the Naval Base, or if they lose the fighter - the airbase.  Why even make the distinction?

No one else has a scorched earth policy, though they should…

• interesting, to say the least.  Not a game breaker by any means, so I can live with it.

“silver wings upon his chest, gargantua’s on the boards more than all the rest”  Certainly entertaining though, sir.

• I’m not really sure of why the rule exists either. The ICs are maybe more a staging area than a permanent facility, but I’d think they would still be usable after the initial investment. Japan has enough troubles without worrying about a lone troop walking in and burning everything down. I think it’s worth bringing up as a potential rule change.

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

What a ridiculous rule.

Either everything should be nuked, or nothing.  It’s not like china can use the complex anyways.  Or the Naval Base, or if they lose the fighter - the airbase.  Why even make the distinction?

No one else has a scorched earth policy, though they should…

It’s not such a ridiculous rule.  An IC on a Chinese territory that gets liberated would become a Chinese IC and could NOT be used by any other ally.  Since China can not use ICs, it gets removed.  However, an Air Base or Naval Base on a Chinese territory that gets liberated would become an Chinese Air or Naval base but the other Allies COULD make use of them.  Therefore, Air and Naval bases remain and Japan gets their own money spent used against them for their ultimate downfall.

• TripleA

it’s ok when I am japan all I do is win win win no matter what. i even play the song and sing.

• @knp7765:

It’s not such a ridiculous rule.  An IC on a Chinese territory that gets liberated would become a Chinese IC and could NOT be used by any other ally.  Since China can not use ICs, it gets removed.  However, an Air Base or Naval Base on a Chinese territory that gets liberated would become an Chinese Air or Naval base but the other Allies COULD make use of them.  Therefore, Air and Naval bases remain and Japan gets their own money spent used against them for their ultimate downfall.

That’s probably the original reasoning, but it still doesn’t make much sense. Not getting used doesn’t translate into getting completely eradicated.

• Customizer

@Kobu:

@knp7765:

That’s probably the original reasoning, but it still doesn’t make much sense. Not getting used doesn’t translate into getting completely eradicated.

Okay, I get what you are saying.  So say Japan builds an IC on Manchuria.  Then Manchuria gets liberated by Russian forces.  Manchuria reverts to Chinese control so Russia can’t use that IC but neither can China since they don’t use ICs.  What you guys are saying is the IC simply stays there.  Then, if Japan retakes Manchuria, they can use that IC again rather than having to buy a new one, right?  Yeah, that does seem like the better way to do it.  I might make that a house rule.

• @M7574:

interesting, to say the least.  Not a game breaker by any means, so I can live with it.

“silver wings upon his chest, gargantua’s on the boards more than all the rest”   Certainly entertaining though, sir.

!!Funny!!

• @knp7765:

An IC on a Chinese territory that gets liberated would become a Chinese IC and could NOT be used by any other ally.  Since China can not use ICs, it gets removed.  However, an Air Base or Naval Base on a Chinese territory that gets liberated would become an Chinese Air or Naval base but the other Allies COULD make use of them.  Therefore, Air and Naval bases remain and Japan gets their own money spent used against them for their ultimate downfall.

The current OOB rule is lame. It should say that if China control a territory with a factory on, no matter who build it, then China can start to use that factory to build artillery, tanks and fighters. In fact that is what happened in the real war. When Japan was defeatet in 1945, then China was taking over the Japanese factories, and soon China started to make their own tanks. They copy everything we make here in the west.

• @Razor:

The current OOB rule is lame. It should say that if China control a territory with a factory on, no matter who build it, then China can start to use that factory to build artillery, tanks and fighters. In fact that is what happened in the real war. When Japan was defeatet in 1945, then China was taking over the Japanese factories, and soon China started to make their own tanks. They copy everything we make here in the west.

A Chinese factory pumping out all units? I like it, it would be an easy way to change the rules into the Free China mod.

• '22 '16

I actually think it would be a disadvantage for China to build at a factory.  They can place units on any of their territories anyway.  Why lock yourself into building at a certain territory, just makes it a stable target for Japan.  Plus if it is a major IC they will never build 10 units there and if they do Japan is in some serious trouble and you might as well concede!!

• That might be the rule to keep the U.S from taking one of those chinese/Japanese territories and putting a complex on it. Thus wiping Japan out. I can’t say for certain. Think about it if U.S took Manchuria with a complex on it and could start producing unit. Good night Japan. Then the balance of the game is completely wrecked and Japan has no chance.

• Customizer

The problem with that is if the US took Manchuria, it would revert to Chinese control so the US would not be able to use a factory there or even build one itself.  Also, US would not get the 3 IPCs for Manchuria either. 
    However, USA could take Korea and put a minor there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m