• Oil Derricks
    Oil derricks produce 5 IPCs per turn. These count as facilities and can be bombed up to 5 damage worth. Damage is not taken from owner’s IPCs, but it does cost the owner 1 IPC per damage (unless owner has increased factory production). Has its own AA guns. Pays 1 less IPC for each damage marker present.

Oil Derrick Locations:

True Neutrals:
    Peru
    Venezuela
    Saudi Arabia
    Argentina
    Columbia

Pro Allies:
    Persia
    N.W. Persia
    E. Persia

Pro Axis:
    Iraq

Germany:
    Romania
    W. Germany
    G.S. Germany

Soviet Union:
    Samara
    Caucasus
    Kazakhstan

Japan:
    Japan
    Formosa

UK Europe:
    Alberta
    Egypt

UK Pacific:
    Borneo

ANZAC:
    Sumatra

Italy:
    Albania

USA:
    W. US
    C. US
    E. US
    Mexico

France:
    Holland/Belgium
    Malaysia

China:
    Manchuria

China, France and ANZAC were chosen the way they were because to the best of research, only two days of it, I had available to me, and these were the best choices based on balance, while still being historically accurate. France had no oil at all, and neither really did ANZAC. So I figured since Germany would get one ASAP from France anyway, and since the money from these is not collected until the end of the turn, that the Netherlands would be a good choice. These locations are based on major oil centers in 1950. The next best statistics were for 1925, but they did not leave me much to work with.

Axis to Allies IPC balance (not including NO`s) is shifted to the side of Axis by approx 1%

Board total is 241 IPCs            New Total: 341 IPCs (Not including true/pro neutrals)
    Allies: 175 IPCs 72.61% New: 245 IPCs 71.85%
    Axis:  66 IPCs 27.39% New:  96 IPCs 28.15%

Not recommended to use with true neutral blocs, US takes S.America for +25 IPCs

• cool thought but that gives the already overpowered allies a huge ipc bonus

• the IPC difference is like less than 1% on the side of the Axis. Other than that, the ratio of Axis IPCs to Allies IPCs remains the same. So everyone gets a cash boost, but no one really gets an advantage

• @dijitz

Well, I may be mistaken, but it seems mathematically that when there’s already a nearly triple-percentage advantage in Allied economic power, extending that further only serves to deepen the advantage.

To illustrate, lets say in a battle you have 3 tanks and I have 1, a 3:1 ratio. I like your chances even better at 6:2 and 9:3, etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m