Axis and Allies Express: Japanese Campaigns

• Hi everybody I’m going to be working on Japanese island battles for Express (Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Coral Sea, etc.) and I would love to hear suggestionsfrom you guys and information if you have any… Thanks 
    :mrgreen:

• Hey I’m having a hard time finding names for my maps, as there isn’t much to Iwo Jima, can you guys help out?

• Here is a map of landing forces and Japanese defences for Iwo Jima

• Pic doesn’t work but here is the link
    http://www.historyofwar.org/Maps/maps_iwojima2.html

• Good luck Sun_Tzu pm me if you want help

• @Sun_Tzu:

Hey I’m having a hard time finding names for my maps, as there isn’t much to Iwo Jima, can you guys help out?

I’m not sure what you mean by “finding names for my maps”.  Do you mean that you’re having trouble finding maps of Iwo Jima?  Or do you mean giving distinct names to subsections of an Iwo Jima map?  If the latter, you could divide Mount Suribachi into different levels (summit, upper slopes, lower slopes, or whatever) and you could divide the flat part of the island into generic regions like “Northeast Sector”, “Beachhead Sector” and so forth.

• ok thanks guys this should help

• Im expecting alot from Iwo Jimi. I think you HAVE to include NAs or at least strategy cards. I want to raise the Stats n Stripes over the island and give my men an extra boost of fighting spirit.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Im expecting alot from Iwo Jimi. I think you HAVE to include NAs or at least strategy cards. I want to raise the Stats n Stripes over the island and give my men an extra boost of fighting spirit.

Defiantly a couple of Japanese NAs involving there crazy moral. Also was there any chance of the japanese keeeping iwo jima, there would need too be special victory conditions.

• @finnman:

Also was there any chance of the japanese keeeping iwo jima, there would need too be special victory conditions.

I don’t think there was any chance of Japan keeping Iwo.  The Americans took every Japanese-held island they assaulted during the war; they bypassed a lot of Japanese-held islands, but they captured 100% of the ones they invaded.  The U.S. needed Iwo badly as an emergency B-29 landing strip, and as a base from which to provide its B-29s from Tinian with fighter cover over Japan, so they were highly motivated to take it.  American airpower and naval power effectively isolated the Japanese forces on Iwo from reinforcement in the period leading up to the amphibious landings.  So I think the victory conditions for Japan basically would amount to a combination of two factors: holding out for as long as possible (number of turns), and inflicting as many casualties as possible (ratio of US forces lost relative to Japanese numbers).

• Im probably going to do the turns thing… How many do you think I should do? 8 like Bulge? Or do you think it should be more?

• I think you should make the game first, play it a while, then decide a limit. Thats what I’m doing.

• Yea that sounds good ill do that

• That what I am doing with El Alamein is play testing and then setting victory conditions

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m