Operation Exporter (Syria-Lebanon Campaign)

• For those who don’t know me or the Axis and Allies Express Series let me introduce myself. I’m PvtRyan (as mentioned on my profile  :-D) and I’m helping the Express series. I’m currently working on Operation Exporter, the Allied Invasion of Vichy France controlled Syria and Lebanon. I have plenty of information on the campaign for my work however I’ve run into a snag. While the British and Australian troops are well organized on the Order of Battle on wikipedia, and the Free French Forces required little editing, the Vichy Forces are all over the place! I’m reprsenting each piece as a brigade/regiment but the Vichy French are confusing. I laid out the units according to the order of battle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria-Lebanon_Campaign_order_of_battle#Vichy_French_Forces but they appear to have split the regiments into smaller units (battalions I’m guessing) I’m not good at military organization and what I do know is small scale (such as squads, platoons, and companies). Did Vichy France have a different organization then normal? And if so what is it? Maybe they split them up (as I guess) and it simply doesn’t show them as battalions. Or maybe I’m just stupid  :-D. Please go to this wikipedia page and check. I need to know how to work this into the game. Also as this is a topic for the entire game if anyone has information to share that would be great. I need information for the strategy cards I intend to include in the game. Thank you for taking the time to read my long and boring post. The input will be appreciated  :-).

• Ha ha ha! Thats not really what this topic is for Gargantuan but your question is funny. Look them up in Variants. I dont want to polute my topic here though. Theres like 7 or so topics on them though. Look at the express series page if your interested.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Talking to yourself Private Ryan?

Or was my post was removed without explanation again?

I’ll do some research for you Pvt. Ryan.

• @Gargantua:

Talking to yourself Private Ryan?

Or was my post was removed without explanation again?

I’ll do some research for you Pvt. Ryan.

Does that happen alot or are you just messing with me? All well I don’t care. Sure thanks Gargantuan that’ll be helpful.

• I get military command its just Im confused on the Vichy French troops

• I’ve looked at the order of battle page to which you provided a link.  What it seems to do is focus on the distribution of the individual units which composed the French (and later Vichy) forces in Syria and Lebanon, while overlooking the larger command structure.  The page on the Army of the Levant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_the_Levant) is a bit more helpful in that respect – look at the section titled “Army of the Levant during World War II”.

• I looked at that a long time ago. What I need your guys opinion on is should I use the historical unts, make up new ones, or form them by massing together the troops in ech region.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

I looked at that a long time ago. What I need your guys opinion on is should I use the historical unts, make up new ones, or form them by massing together the troops in ech region.

What are you using as base troops I.e.

how many infantry per infantry unit

i.e. 5000 per infantry mean

Use historical numbers and then edit it after playtesting. The vichy list in battalions which means 4 or 5 of these would = a brigade

• Well im using brigade/regiments for a single unit. Editing has been done though so France has a tank and other units. The Free French wernt the most organized army in the world :)

• so for every 4-5 brigades create 1 vichy infantry unit

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m