• @Cmdr:

I only measured what was pretty sheltered areas of snow.  Areas where the cars blocked some, the overhand of the roof blocked some, etc.  I got 30 to 35 inches of snow in total accumulation.  That is, in the “low” parts.

With 50 mph winds, there is NO area that is sheltered.  I believe you were measuring drifts.

There were no measurements on the map that had over 28"

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@axis_roll:

@Cmdr:

I only measured what was pretty sheltered areas of snow.  Areas where the cars blocked some, the overhand of the roof blocked some, etc.  I got 30 to 35 inches of snow in total accumulation.  That is, in the “low” parts.

With 50 mph winds, there is NO area that is sheltered.  I believe you were measuring drifts.

There were no measurements on the map that had over 28"

Of course I was, and my entire quarter acre of property was one 30 inch or deeper drift.

Isnt that what I was saying?

• A drift is not accumulated snow.

They are two different things, so no, that is not what you were saying

Yes it is, I said I shovelled 30 inches, I didnt say it snowed 30 inches.

• @Cmdr:

Yes it is, I said I shovelled 30 inches, I didnt say it snowed 30 inches.

you didn’t say this?:

@Cmdr:

I got 30 to 35 inches of snow in total accumulation.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Semantics people!  Let’s give it up!

Really do not feel this is a fight worth having, doubly so as this is a place to relax and have fun.

However, I got 30-35 inches means I had to shovel 30-35 inches.  I suppose there could have been confusion, despite the fact I also mentioned that I had much deeper areas and later clarified that I had gotten the snow from the roof and some neighbors as well.

The real issue is, when you have 30 inches or more to shovel, do you say the official accumulation was 5 inches, or do you say “crap, I have to shovel 30 inches of snow!”

• '10

@Cmdr:

Really do not feel this is a fight worth having, doubly so as this is a place to relax and have fun.

However, I got 30-35 inches means I had to shovel 30-35 inches.  I suppose there could have been confusion, despite the fact I also mentioned that I had much deeper areas and later clarified that I had gotten the snow from the roof and some neighbors as well.

The real issue is, when you have 30 inches or more to shovel, do you say the official accumulation was 5 inches, or do you say “crap, I have to shovel 30 inches of snow!”

I think this whole conversation is a snow job!

• Ain’t you the one.

• @Cmdr:

Then why did you reply?  I know.  You never will admit to ever being wrong and will post ad nauseam in an effort to outlast the other posters.

@Cmdr:

Contrary to what you may think, I was not trying to cause trouble.  I merely asked where you lived because I thought it was amazing that you claimed that you had 30 inches of accumulation when the official total was only 20".  I was trying to gauge the storm totals for the region and even posted a map of accumulations.

I am into meteorology, so to me, measuring a drift and declaring that an accumulated snow total are two very different things.

I am glad you cleared up the intent of your initial post, and that was all I really wanted.

Oh great, it’s snowing again.

Yea, getting another 2 to 3 inches here too, or so it seems.  Weather dude said 6 to 8 inches accumulation today, but I dont see it from what is falling currently.

• Lets stop this nonsense please.

• 2007 AAR League

Still sunny here, may have to turn on the AC soon.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m