• What’s your thoughts on Roswell? I’m not a beleiver in U.F.O’s but I find myself always watching anything about U.F.O’s on television.

• Nothing happened.

However, I am positive at some point in time other lifeforms DID visit the earth. Perhaps even before Humans evolved ( during the age of dinosaurs)

I do think that some of them did also explore our solar system or enter it with probes. Heck we did the same thing.

I think in some point one of these ancient probes will enter our area of space ( but nothing more than a message in a bottle type of thing)

I also know that aliens know we are here, but due to the limitations of space travel, just can only use long range instruments to view us. ( think Hubble except 1 million years more advanced)

• Ancedotally, I once worked with a woman who lived in Roswell at the time of these events (she was about 7 at the time).  She believed that extraterrestrial something definitely happened.

I think, however, the balloon experiment is more likely.  The problem being why did the military bother to cover up a balloon experiment?

• Perhaps it was a spy balloon that they intended to fly over Russia just floating and taking pictures. Or perhaps it was an American version of those Balloons that Japan sent over to the states in the war with diseases and bombs that were used to kill people. Perhaps US military was doing a feasibility study along this same type of weapon. Of course, if the people saw that it might be a military weapon, panic would ensue every time a balloon was seen in the sky so the military covered it up.

http://www.japaneseballoonbombs.com/

It could even have been a Japanese weapon that was just drifting for 2 years in the upper atmosphere.

• I think it was something along the lines of a military balloon type craft. The reason they covered it up is cause it’s after WWII and the Cold War was starting. As a line from Indiana Jones (which “explains” the Roswell Incident) “they’ve got us seeing Russians in our soup,”

• Everyone knows that some aliens on a weekend bender stopped by and thought the primate population looked great for a lay with their beer goggles on.  Boom, there was mankind.  I can prove it…Jesus was an alien.

• '12

I doubt aliens have visited for a few reasons.  Intelligent life elsewhere probably does exist, 100 billions galaxies times 100 billion stars with a good 10 billion years where conditions for life were good…pretty good odds.  But, I think if they were explorers then they are somewhat like us, expansionist and individualistic.  Even if we never get FTL, faster than light travel, at our current rate of expansion, in a few 10s of millions of years we will be in every corner of this galaxy.  The same would occur with aliens I would think.

Say we only ever get to 1% the speed of light, 10 million years gets us from one side of the galaxy to the other, dinosaurs lasted for 100s of millions of years.  In 1000 years I am sure we could build just 1 self replicating machine that could tote along human DNA and when the AI on the ship feels the conditions are right, defrost some human DNA and fire up the artificial wombs.  If that machine self-replicated once every 5 years say, 20 doublings occur every year.  So a million fold population increase every century of these exploring machines should take us to every corner of the universe.  Hopefully no software bug causes these machines to use us as raw materials to replicate!

So, why hasn’t it occurred before, why do we not see alien machines laying around everywhere?  Why do we not see alien enterprenouers trying to do business with us despite the galactic councils ban on doing business with primitive species.  Like that would stop humans from doing business with aliens if we could.

• I think that the aliens are inter demensional beings. Like in Indiana Jones. EVERYTHING IN THOSE MOVIES ARE REAL!!!  :mrgreen:

• Maybe a secret Project Manhigh, eight years before the declassified version?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Manhigh
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Excelsior

Some of what the military did back then was amazing, even by today’s standards:

Project Excelsior was a series of high-altitude parachute jumps made by Colonel (then Captain) Joseph Kittinger of the United States Air Force (USAF) in 1959 and 1960 to test the Beaupre multi-stage parachute system. In one of these jumps Kittinger set world records for the highest parachute jump, the longest parachute drogue fall and the fastest speed by a human through the atmosphere, all of which still stand.

(emphasis mine)

As this could be done in 1955, why not something similar in 1947?  In fact, something similar was done in 1931:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auguste_Piccard

On 27 May 1931, Auguste Piccard and Paul Kipfer took off from Augsburg, Germany, and reached a record altitude of 15,785 m (51,775 ft). During this flight, Piccard was able to gather substantial data on the upper atmosphere, as well as measure cosmic rays. On 18 August 1932, launched from Dübendorf, Switzerland, Piccard and Max Cosyns made a second record-breaking ascent to 16,200 m (53,152 ft). He ultimately made a total of twenty-seven balloon flights setting a final record of 23,000 m (72,177 ft).

Of course whatever the military might have been doing at the time must have had some kind of experiment or application well beyond what Auguste Piccard did.  Maybe an  attempt to use manned balloons as a precursor to the U2 which first flew in 1955 (as also suggested by IL)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U2_spy_plane

• Those drops remind me of ODST troopers from Halo. I still think it was the Ark of the Covenent though  :-D

• It was a 1941 Chrysler New Yorker fitted with plundered german rockets.

• Or there are no aliens…

• YES! Good job Sun you have finally disected (haha thats wat aliens supposedly do to humans) wat ive been trying to say!

• @Pvt.Ryan:

I think it was something along the lines of a military balloon type craft. The reason they covered it up is cause it’s after WWII and the Cold War was starting. As a line from Indiana Jones (which “explains” the Roswell Incident) “they’ve got us seeing Russians in our soup,”

@Pvt.Ryan:

I think that the aliens are inter demensional beings. Like in Indiana Jones. EVERYTHING IN THOSE MOVIES ARE REAL!!!  :mrgreen:

You really love Indiana Jones don’t you Ryan?  :mrgreen:

• Yes…… Yes I do…  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m