Now waht?? after a sucessful J1 strat?

• After the below strat, now what?? go for Anzac?

J1 Japan takes the PI & Celebes. IPCs go to 40/41

J2 Japan takes the rest of the DEI. IPCs go to 60/61

J3 Japan takes Singapore. Japans IPCs are up around 67/68

J4 Japan builds a major IC in Singapore.

J5 Japan places 10 infantry in Singapore.

India falls by J7-J9.

• This was the dominant strategy when the game came out. If you use the Out of Board setup for Pacific '40 or Global '40 it still is.

Larry Harris’ changes on the setup and rules no longer allow this play. See the Alpha + 2 discussions on the global 1940 setup. No power is allowed to build major factories on territory not originally controlled by that power. Only minor IC’s allowed. Thus the Japanese cannot even build a Major Factory on the Asian Mainland as the only originally held territory is Korea. Further, the Japanese setup so that its’ forces cannot just run over the British. They can still win, it just takes a bit longer.

I have played both the Out of Board setup and the recent Harris approved changes under Alpha + 2 and I prefer the latter. They have better balance and are simply more fun.

• Isn’t that strategy a little dangerous by bringing the US in so early. also how do you reach celebes first turn. isn’t it 1 spot away from naval reach even with the bases? I do not have the board infront of me

• You can’t build industrial complex in island, like Philippines.

• Yes, they made an exception for Japan although you never “Build” an IC there.  Also they made the funny rule about only scrambling planes from an island, and Japan is able to defend herself while New Guniea (I think?) is split into two TT.  There are a few contrivances on the map like that.

• Ìîæíî ëè òóò ðàçìåùàòü ññûëêè íà ñàéòû ñ ïîäáîðêàìè ñîôòà?   
    íå çàïðåùåííî ëè ýòî ïðàâèëàìè?

• @dinosaur:

Yes, they made an exception for Japan although you never “Build” an IC there.  Also they made the funny rule about only scrambling planes from an island, and Japan is able to defend herself while New Guniea (I think?) is split into two TT.  There are a few contrivances on the map like that.

If you are not playing by the OOB rules, then you can scramble from any TT, with an airbase, bordering a SZ.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m