• Got my map in the mail today, great fast service!

Just gotta figure out if I’m goin to get some wood or metal to sit it on… hmmm

@Tigerman77:

We are playing this weekend and we are allowing 12 hours, 9am-9pm. 1 hour per turn is a good pace!!

for the first turn or 2, after that you should get a complete game round plus most of another round in 1 hr.

• '14

TRUE…If you are playing with experienced people. I hope we can get in 12-14 turns in 10-12 hours. Thats my goal!!

try this to speed the game up.

Since your using an updated '39 map of my map, try letting the Japanese player start his turns, during Russias turn. since all of IJN’s naval power and Most of it’s Army power is out of reach for the ruskies, you should be able to start IJN’s turn “early” but you still would use the normal turn order. Just don’t let IJN roll any dice till RU is completly done with its moves.

thisd also works for Italy and USA, until USA can influence Italian moves, you can also start USA turn “early”. You can do this with most Countries. Start new country turns during the previous countries Non combat moves and Placement.  The map is rather large, so there is always space on the map to start country turns early without screwing with other countries abilities to act normally.

Not to mention after 2-3 rds of play, the board cleans up and everyones turn goes quicker, especially if players know what they r going to buy and do b4 their turn starts. the reason I think this game takes so long is the vast number of units to move around for all the countries. But once everything is basically in their respective stacks, things move forward nicely. Also you might consider not only using Fleet markers, but also Army Markers. These work really well and keep the board clutter free. Its alot easier to move 1 Army Marker then 20+ individual units and chips.

• thanks, this will go a long way to help bring our time from 1 month:P to 1 week.

• I am late to the party but I love the whole idea of this. I want to order a map but I play with colleagues at work over our lunch hour so it takes forever to get through a round - say about a week per turn. I just don’t know if I have room to setup a 4x8’ map - though that is what I covet - you mentioned you’d rework the territories so 3x6’ was less cramped. How is that board vs the bigger one now.

Incredible effort by the group here. Qudos.

• '14

@picard:

I am late to the party but I love the whole idea of this. I want to order a map but I play with colleagues at work over our lunch hour so it takes forever to get through a round - say about a week per turn. I just don’t know if I have room to setup a 4x8’ map - though that is what I covet - you mentioned you’d rework the territories so 3x6’ was less cramped. How is that board vs the bigger one now.

Incredible effort by the group here. Qudos.

This revised map is still a work in progress!!  But it will be a better map, and a not so crowded map!!

• Ok. Thanks so how close to ready is the map? I’ve grabbed the pdf just to have a look over it. Really impressive. Can’t wait to play it using FMG’s new units.

• '14

Not sure….but we will let everyone know when it is ready. Hopefully in a month !!

• @Tigerman77:

Updated map at top of this thread with spelling corrections and slight changes to some territories.  Also go to www.historicalboardgaming.com to order in a 96X48….great quality for a good price! I got my order in!!

Feet? inch? Sorry, i am only used with meters and centimeters…

• '14

@Axistiger13:

@Tigerman77:

Updated map at top of this thread with spelling corrections and slight changes to some territories.  Also go to www.historicalboardgaming.com to order in a 96X48….great quality for a good price! I got my order in!!

Feet? inch? Sorry, i am only used with meters and centimeters…

1.03 meters x 2.07 meters for the largest map and .778x1.55 meters for the smaller global sized map.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

46" X 96" (1.16m x 2.44m)
    34" x 72" (.86m X 1.8m)

I believe this is correct.

• So if I want to score the 34" x 72" map it is worth waiting for a new revision in about a month?

• Oh crap.  I just ordered a map.  Should I have waited?!?!  :oops:

• Hi,

I’ve played a game of the 1939 map last week-end and i have some questions:

1. If the japanese attack some strict neutral in south america, there is no penality for that and it did’nt seem to have any impact on USA. Did I understand the rule well? Because it’s only if germany or italy invade south america that have an impact, not japan… The japanese player did that early in my game and I did’nt find it very funny…
    2. In my game Japan also attack on the first turn Russia. And since Russia is not producing a lot at start, and that a japanese attack don’t have any impact on the IPC russia receive, in my game, before Russia was able to have some IPC to build something japanese was almost at Moscow… Did we play right?
    3. There is some strict neutral in south america that don’t have any troops, do you think that it could be a good idea to put some troops to all strict neutral?

I want to play tommorow so, if somehone could help me it would be very apreciated,

Best,

• '14

@bachus:

Hi,

I’ve played a game of the 1939 map last week-end and i have some questions:

1. If the japanese attack some strict neutral in south america, there is no penality for that and it did’nt seem to have any impact on USA. Did I understand the rule well? Because it’s only if germany or italy invade south america that have an impact, not japan… The japanese player did that early in my game and I did’nt find it very funny…
    2. In my game Japan also attack on the first turn Russia. And since Russia is not producing a lot at start, and that a japanese attack don’t have any impact on the IPC russia receive, in my game, before Russia was able to have some IPC to build something japanese was almost at Moscow… Did we play right?
    3. There is some strict neutral in south america that don’t have any troops, do you think that it could be a good idea to put some troops to all strict neutral?

I want to play tommorow so, if somehone could help me it would be very apreciated,

Best,

Thanks for the post. I’ll have to check the rules and get back with you. I would say for now that Russia should get some kind of bonus if at war with Japan and if any country attacks South America The U.S. gets the additional IPC’s. We are currently updating the neutral country armies!

• '14

I have a question for those who play this game. Is the sneak attack for Japan too strong or is it just right? Last game we played we had some guys say it was too strong. I would like to know what you guys think!

on your '39 varient i don’t know. on my set ups and map, yes it is too much. IJN turn 1 with my setups, IJN rolls over their competition while still being ambitious, with minimal losses.

if your pacific  is close to mine still, then you will see. Set up your board with IJN +Anzac + US pacific forces only. Attack with Japan and just see what you can/could do with a Sneak attack.  Now take into consider the possible ramifications globally that can help or hurt your side.

A sneak attack would allow japan easy island conquest with minimal forces, while setting up a super sweet turn 2 and invade HI. US would have left, if japan does it correctly 3 ships left in the pacific, no transports, no land units on HI. and possibly midway also.

in doing this, US has no choice but to respond, leaving Germany in a much better position.

I assume Russia and IJN have their treaty?
    If they do, then that closes one front.

I apologize if this doesn’t help because if our set up charts are mostly different.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m