• I am new at this game and I have a few questions on this type of attack.   
    1.when you unload troops off a transport ship with ships in the same sea zone for a land and sea attack can the defenders hit your ships with infanty,tanks,or artillery or do they have to have fighters and bombers for that.
    2.can subs and destroyers be involved in the bombardment or is it just battleships and cruisers.and can they fire more than once.
    3.can you bombard land from your ships if you don’t have a land attack going on with ground  troops and do the ground troops have to come from a transport or can they come in from a nearby territory.

• '10

when doing an “amphibious assault” battleships and cruisers get one bombard per unit they drop-off, then they r considered out of the battle. i think that answers all 3 of ur questions.

• Official Q&A

Thanks, SilverBullet!  To provide a little more detail:

1. Bombarding ships are not subject to return fire from any units in the land battle.
    2. Only battleships and cruisers, which fire only once.
    3. The number of ships which may bombard is limited to the number of land units arriving by transport, so if no land units are arriving by transport, no ships may bombard.

• '10

lol, thats what i said!  ;)

• @SilverBullet:

lol, thats what i said!  ;)

If you reread both posts, keeping in mind that sourmash probably has little to no experience with Spring 1942 rules (if not A&A in general), I think you’ll agree that Krieghund’s reply was more specific, detailed, and informative.  :-)

Or not?    :lol:

• '10

his might have been more specific and detailed, but mine had all the same info in just one short sentence, so i win!

• they’re trying to be nice, silver bullet, but your explanation was open to interpretation and could have been read in a way that gives the wrong meaning of the rules.  krieghund’s post was needed to make things explicit, and is not misunderstandable the way yours is.  of course it makes sense to you, because you know exactly what you mean.  someone else is another story.  there’s no reason to make a big deal out of someone clarifying your response, they’re just trying to avoid giving a new player the wrong idea.

• '10

Actually Silver, your post kind of makes it sound like having one battleship or one cruiser still allows you to fire as many shots as land units you are dropping off.

• '10

what the hell r u talking about? my post clearly states u get one bombard per unit dropped off per ship, learn 2 read.u guys r taking it 2 seriously not me.

• not trying to start a flame war, but YOU are the one taking correction personally and trying to ‘defend yourself’; the rest of us are only trying to ensure that this is a source of good, clear, information, and i’m sure your contributions are as appreciated as anyone’s.  but in this case, at least four people felt your description could be benefited by a clarification.  just ask yourself which is more likely: that four people need to ‘learn 2 read,’ or that your post just wasn’t very clear?

case in point: ‘one bombard per unit dropped off per ship’ would mean, using actual definitions of english words, that if four infantry were dropped off with one battleship and one cruiser available for bombarding, then they would get 2 * 4 = 8 bombard dice rolls.  that’s what one bombard per unit dropped off per ship means.  in reality, according to the rules, there are only 2 bombards in that scenario.

i’m not trying to talk down to you or pick on you or anything, for all i know english is not your first language, i just say this so you will hopefully understand why some felt more explanation necessary.

• @SilverBullet:

when doing an “amphibious assault” battleships and cruisers get one bombard per unit they drop-off, then they r considered out of the battle. i think that answers all 3 of ur questions.

I thought that transports dropped off units  :?

• Yes the transports drop off units.  but only the Battleship and Cruiser Units can bombard.  
    the rules state that if unloading units in Amphibious assault, battleship units and cruiser units get a bombardment di roll in the 1st round Opening fire step only .  BUT, the amount of bombardment rolls must equal the amount of units offloaded.

ie.  2 transports… with 2 infantry and 1 tank offload. (Total 3 Units)   and there are 3 cruisers and 2 battleships. (5 boats capable of bombardment) 
    only 3 of those boats get a bombardment roll cause only 3 units offloaded.
    If there was only 1 battleship, then you only get 1 bombardment roll even if you unloaded 3 (or more) units.
    In order for all 5 boats to bombard you must unload 5 or more units

• '10

anyone who starts out by saying, “i dont want to start a flame war”, actually does want to start something.  ;)

• '10

lol, someone just told me maybe the reason 4 the negative responses 2 my post is that i advertise tripleA and 4 some reason some people “hate” tripleA.  i’m not sure if thats true (dont know why anyone would hate tripleA) but either way, its no big deal.  have a nice day!  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m