Rules clarification on carriers and planes + a sea zone

• Hi, here is the scenario i am confused about. I had an argument over it with my allied opponent:  player 1 sends 2 subs to attack a carrier in a sea zone, say north of Norway. Norway is attacked by player 1 also.  The sea battle is conducted first and the carrier is destroyed by the subs. The fighters on the carrier can’t hit the sub and must land.

Question: Can the fighters land on Norway and help defend against the attack?  Where in the rulebook is this clarified, I can’t find it.

Question 2: Is sea zone 3 considered adjacent to the UK Isle land territory. i.e. can ships be constructed there with just a complex on UK?

Thanks!  :-)

• UK can build in every sea zone that surrounds it.

as far as i know…… the planes can not be part of 2 different combat results. technically, the landing would occur at the end of the conduct combat round or beginning of non-combat.  so whatever the results are from the combat round decides if landing can occur…

can someone post the rules on this… page # maybe

• @Miket2424:

Question: Can the fighters land on Norway and help defend against the attack?  Where in the rulebook is this clarified, I can’t find it.

No. Page 27 of the manual: if the carrier is destroyed in combat the fighters have 1 movement to a friendly territory, island or carrier. This movement occurs after all combats are resolved and before the attackers Noncombat movement.

• Official Q&A

@Miket2424:

Question 2: Is sea zone 3 considered adjacent to the UK Isle land territory. i.e. can ships be constructed there with just a complex on UK?

Yes.

• Indeed SZ 3 is adjacent. And they could have made a little effort to make this clearer on the board…. At least IL did on his custom maps…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m