• I’m getting ready to play my first game of Global 1940 and I was wondering what some typical/standard opening “moves” are for each country.  I’m not sure which country I will play, but I wanted to have some ideas for each one…  any input would be appeciated.
    Thanks!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Invade france!

Read the Lessons Learned thread.

• @Gargantua:

Invade france!

Read the Lessons Learned thread.

I did read that thread… that’s what gave me the idea to start this thread!  (what came first, the chicken or the egg?)
    j/k

I think that the “Lessons Learned” thread is a great idea btw

• Let me expand on my original question…
    I would also be interested to know what some typical buys are for each country’s first round.
    Thanks!

• it depends, what strategy you are following.

germany:
    some people buy a carrier. because it is not sufficient to defend itself you need company, mostly a destroyer and a submarine. this put into the seazone 112 where a battleship, a cruiser and a transport are parked.
    but, because sealion doesn´t win any game i prefer to buy three submarines and a bomber to establish a naval threat in the west.

russia:
    most buys are 9 infantry, 1 artillery and a tank every round.

japan: a naval base and a transport, saving some ipcs or three transports and saving ipcs as well.

uk-europe:
    mostly infantry. depends from the outcome of the first round of the german player.

uk-pacific: a carrier or men, depens from japan´s turn.

italy:
    i lean towards buying nothing. just moving and attacking to secure good positions to invade africa via egypt.

us: here it depends from the decision where to go first: europe or asia. there you place your buys. i suggest for both theaters 4 submarines, a carrier and a bomber to place in one theater.

anzac:
    same as italy. no buys but strategic movements to secure NOs in the 2nd round.

china: infantry as much as possible.

• @rock`n:

it depends, what strategy you are following.

germany:
    some people buy a carrier. because it is not sufficient to defend itself you need company, mostly a destroyer and a submarine. this put into the seazone 112 where a battleship, a cruiser and a transport are parked.
    but, because sealion doesn´t win any game i prefer to buy three submarines and a bomber to establish a naval threat in the west.

russia:
    most buys are 9 infantry, 1 artillery and a tank every round.

japan: a naval base and a transport, saving some ipcs or three transports and saving ipcs as well.

uk-europe:
    mostly infantry. depends from the outcome of the first round of the german player.

uk-pacific: a carrier or men, depens from japan´s turn.

italy:
    i lean towards buying nothing. just moving and attacking to secure good positions to invade africa via egypt.

us: here it depends from the decision where to go first: europe or asia. there you place your buys. i suggest for both theaters 4 submarines, a carrier and a bomber to place in one theater.

anzac:
    same as italy. no buys but strategic movements to secure NOs in the 2nd round.

china: infantry as much as possible.

Where do you put the naval base?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hainan Island.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m