• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I wish I hadn’t written over the 1941 Anniversary and 1942 Anniversary start files……/sigh

• @Cmdr:

I wish I hadn’t written over the 1941 Anniversary and 1942 Anniversary start files……/sigh

just ask someone who you know has the copy you wanted to email it to you :)

• @TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

Someone asked me about this again… so I went search for the official answer… and I guess my source is wrong. Read here: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4964

There a reason an install of this would not work on a system running 32 bit Windows XP (netbook) and would not work with a direct copy/paste of the directory from one computer to the other?

(The latter allowed me to open a file, but not scroll the map, if that helps.)

• @Cmdr:

There a reason an install of this would not work on a system running 32 bit Windows XP (netbook) and would not work with a direct copy/paste of the directory from one computer to the other?

(The latter allowed me to open a file, but not scroll the map, if that helps.)

elaborate.  is the install of your ABattlemap working, and this module is the only one not working?  did you have the program open when you copied?  did you try just using the download?

I can open the AAR file, the AA40 File (Global and TMTM) but I cannot scroll the map.  It only displays from the default position (N. America/Europe).

I have attempted to just copy/paste the directory from a working computer, but that did not seem to help.

• @Cmdr:

I can open the AAR file, the AA40 File (Global and TMTM) but I cannot scroll the map.  It only displays from the default position (N. America/Europe).

I have attempted to just copy/paste the directory from a working computer, but that did not seem to help.

does it do this when opening your friends Map files? Does it happens when opening Abattlemap fresh and going to New and selecting the map from the list?

It happens when opening a fresh map.  New–>Game Type->Frozen map

• @Cmdr:

redownload the module thats not working and let it overwrite all the files. Try rebooting

@TMTM:

@Cmdr:

redownload the module thats not working and let it overwrite all the files. Try rebooting

I’ve DLed and reinstalled the entire thing a few times, not working.  It works on my main, so I attempted to copy/paste over the directory with the files from my main…still no go.

• @Cmdr:

@TMTM:

@Cmdr:

I’ve DLed and reinstalled the entire thing a few times, not working.  It works on my main, so I attempted to copy/paste over the directory with the files from my main…still no go.

What do you mean by main?

• @TMTM:

@Cmdr:

@TMTM:

@Cmdr:

What do you mean by main?

main machine

I have a laptop permanently attached to a docking station. (As in, I never disconnect it and move it elsewhere, it is essentially a monitor with a computer built into it.)  This is my “main” computer and the one I have had no issue using battlemap on. (Note, this machine used Abattlemap0.79f for a long time before upgrading to Abattlemap0.80 recently).

My “auxillery” unit is an HP mini 110-11, a netbook.  This machine has never run battlemap successfully.  I have done a full system restore on the unit (for other reasons, some twit filled the HDD and RAM to the point it couldn’t load windows anymore and snuck into the machine through safe mode and deleted some important directories with the “shift-delete” ability.)  Having attempted to install battlemap a few times and attempting to copy the directory from the computer that is working and pasting it on the one not working, I am still unsuccessful in getting it to load and run correctly.

It occurs to me, as I type this, that I may need to install 79f version of battlemap, run it, and then install the 80 version of battlemap and see if it works that way.  Is there a link to the old 79f version?

• @Cmdr:

I have a laptop permanently attached to a docking station. (As in, I never disconnect it and move it elsewhere, it is essentially a monitor with a computer built into it.)  This is my “main” computer and the one I have had no issue using battlemap on. (Note, this machine used Abattlemap0.79f for a long time before upgrading to Abattlemap0.80 recently).

My “auxillery” unit is an HP mini 110-11, a netbook.  This machine has never run battlemap successfully.  I have done a full system restore on the unit (for other reasons, some twit filled the HDD and RAM to the point it couldn’t load windows anymore and snuck into the machine through safe mode and deleted some important directories with the “shift-delete” ability.)  Having attempted to install battlemap a few times and attempting to copy the directory from the computer that is working and pasting it on the one not working, I am still unsuccessful in getting it to load and run correctly.

It occurs to me, as I type this, that I may need to install 79f version of battlemap, run it, and then install the 80 version of battlemap and see if it works that way.  Is there a link to the old 79f version?

Yes, you have to install 0.79f first, but if you use HolKann’s installer it should do all that for you.

Uh, yea, that’s the installer I used…hmm, okay, later next week I’ll attempt to install just the old 79 then the new 80 seperately.

• Small fix: Nanjing is now at Kiangsu (were it should be, not at Kiangsi as later)

Download it. It’s compatible with the later download (it’s not a new version). The link is the same (I learned to update mediafire files  :-D ) Check the first page

As no new minor errors were reported, this should be the definitive update (let’s pray for it)  :lol:

As a side note, I plan to make a Spanish version this summer  :-) And of course, I’ll make a version of whatever ‘final’ version Larry decides to do with this alpha stuff  :lol:

• Agh … ! another fix was needed. I added 1 inf to Iwo Hima. You can download the module again or simply modify your start.aam file.

Additionaly, I must remember that, since signatures are not more available, you must download the module directly from first page of this thread

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@BadSpeller:

Thank you Funcioneta!
    This is nice to have!
    Sure beats having the game board set up.

I prefer to have the board set up because it looks more epic and real

no hes right the game board is much better and its in 3D

• How do i move around the map? :? :? :?

• @valtteri771:

How do i move around the map? :? :? :?

Right-click and drag to move the view of the map.  Left-click and drag the pieces to move them.  Holding down shift while clicking and dragging will grab 5 of said piece (assuming there are 5 on the board to grab), holding control while clicking and dragging will grab 10, and holding shift and control together while clicking and dragging will grab all of the pieces if there are more than 10.  Clicking on a piece in the toolbox will let you add that piece to the board, with shift and control buttons allowing you to add 5 or 10 of the piece respectively.  Using a mouse with a middle button allows you to use the middle button to delete pieces by clicking the middle button, with shift and control again allowing you to delete 5 or 10 pieces respectively.  If you don’t have a middle button mouse, you click on the DEL in the top right corner of the window and then left click where you want to delete, again with shift and control for extra pieces.  Click on ESC in the top right to exit DEL mode or to unselect a piece chosen from the toolbox.

That’s about all you need to know for ABattleMap.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m