Are Japan and France at war in the beginning?

• Suppose I take my Japanese fleet to India on turn 2 in order to take out Persia and Iraq on turn 3. Sensing my intention, the French player throws a destroyer in front of me to slow me down a turn. I haven’t declared war on Britain or the US, but what about France? Can they block me?

• France and Japan can declare war on each other whenever they want with no consequences. Thus, you might as well take FIC(which i assume you didn’t).

• My understanding is that Jap & France are not yet at war at start of game, but there is nothing stopping them from doing so (war between Jap/France has no effect on other powers). You (Jap) would have to declare war on France (beginning of your combat phase) to take FIC  (not sure if you did or not), if you did then France is automatically at war w/you (and can/will block movement like any power your at war with). If you (Jap) didn’t start the war w/France, then France would have the option to declare war on Jap in its own combat phase on its turn in order to block you (on your turn). If neither of you have declared war yet then you can chose to ingnore the French dd when your turn rolls around.

• Thanks for the responses. The fleet move to take Persia and Iraq probably isn’t a good idea then. Now here’s another question: if Japan declares war on Britain while already at war with Russia, can the US player then land his aircraft in Russia? Russia is not yet at war with Germany or Italy.

• @larrymarx:

Thanks for the responses. The fleet move to take Persia and Iraq probably isn’t a good idea then. Now here’s another question: if Japan declares war on Britain while already at war with Russia, can the US player then land his aircraft in Russia? Russia is not yet at war with Germany or Italy.

Only if the US is at war can it land aircraft in non-US territory

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m