Cardboard Bases and Industrial complex

• Just wondering why they did not just print these starting units on the board? What is the point of cardboard pieces?

• @Flying:

Just wondering why they did not just print these starting units on the board? What is the point of cardboard pieces?

So that you can put chips under them when they get damaged

• What damage markers? That is another question….where are the damage markers?

We could have just placed them on top of the printed base/factories I think. I would have preferred them printed.

• @Flying:

What damage markers? That is another question….where are the damage markers?

We could have just placed them on top of the printed base/factories I think. I would have preferred them printed.

You use the plastic chips you use to stack units.

Some people prefer them movable, since then the chips don’t cover them. If you have 3 hits on a naval base and 7 on a major IC, and you cover both with chips, you have to pick the chips up to see which is damaged and the chips can also get mixed with chips representing extra units

• Does anyone raid air or naval bases in your games?

I can see limited times when you might. I have yet to see someone actually raid factories in our games either.

What do you guys see?

• @JamesAleman:

Does anyone raid air or naval bases in your games?

I can see limited times when you might. I have yet to see someone actually raid factories in our games either.

What do you guys see?

Well, if sealion has succeeded, bomb gibraltar naval base to solw the US

• '10

@Flying:

Just wondering why they did not just print these starting units on the board? What is the point of cardboard pieces?

Leaves the option for a 1941 or 1942 setup scenario, handmade by Larry Harris!

• Just use a die to mark the damage to a factory or base: 1 thru 6 then stack it with another die to mark 7-12.

That’s what we do.

Different colored die for different bases/factories.

• @Shakespeare:

Just use a die to mark the damage to a factory or base: 1 thru 6 then stack it with another die to mark 7-12.

That’s what we do.

Different colored die for different bases/factories.

Chips take up less space

• '10

Also you may purchase NEW Naval and Air bases so they needed to be printed counters.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m