• has any one tried to give the deffender of a victory city a deffence bonus,say inf deffend on a 3,for the first round of combat.this will sim the bloody street fighting of stalingrade and berlin

• Infantry always defend on two on all rounds of combat, did you mean 3?

I had 2 ideas about VCs, either

You can moblize 1 infantry there
    or you get a 1 IPC bonus for each VC you control…to encourage more fighting over them

• Two ideas i have been thinking about:

1. I agree with adding a bonus for controlling a city.
    2. If you control a city you should be required to maintain a certian amount of troops to control the city. enemy occupation of a major city required a commitment of overwhelming force to keep the population under control. remember, the occupants of that city really dont want a foriegn army there.
      Maybe a required commitment of like 10 troops at all times to control the city and recieve the bonus.
  • Customizer

What about VCs without factories?

Do the Americans have to ship a boatload of GIs out to Honolulu to replace losses from Japanese raids?

• I very much like the occupation rule.

Non-Original territories with victory cities need at least 15 IPCs worth of land units for the victory city to be consdered “held”.

While a victory city is “occupied” you recieve

• A bonus 1 IPC, and a further bonus 2 IPCs if you control all surrounding territories
    • You may mobilize one infantry at occupied victory cities
    • If the enemy attempts to liberate a territory with a victory city within, and you are not occupying the victory city, they get two free infantry. One before the combat, and a second if the attacker is victorious.

• That sounds great. Very good ideas here.
    By the way, US doesnt have to use these rules to enforce Honalulu  becouse  it is not an foriegn TT.
    ITs people wont be hostile to US forces.

• I very much like the occupation rule.

Non-Original territories with victory cities need at least 15 IPCs worth of land units for the victory city to be consdered “held”.

While a victory city is “occupied” you recieve

• A bonus 1 IPC, and a further bonus 2 IPCs if you control all surrounding territories
    • You may mobilize one infantry at occupied victory cities
    • If the enemy attempts to liberate a territory with a victory city within, and you are not occupying the victory city, they get two free infantry. One before the combat, and a second if the attacker is victorious.

this is great

• Infantry always defend on two on all rounds of combat, did you mean 3?

yeh,sorry typo

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m