• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

My cousins, playing as the Allies, took their Europe rulebook home with them, but the game is at our house. My Axis brothers and I noticed some… shady looking things going on with the US.

FYI: It is the beginning of Turn 3. The United States is not at war yet. Britain (India) made a preemptive strike against Japan on turn 2.

1)  On US1, the Americans took Celebdas with their infantry and transport from the Philippines, and have been collecting 4 extra IPCs since then. Is this legal? In the Pacific book it says that only UK/Anzac may occupy any of the DEI for IPCs. Does this not also violate a US neutrality rule?

2)  On US2 the Americans moved a fleet into SZ 32, which contains the Japanese Marianas… is this a violation of US neutrality or no?

3)  On US2 the Americans moved a transport with infantry to SZ 46, which is ANZAC New Guinea… is this a violation of US neutrality rules… I am unclear as to the US not being able to ener sea zones bordering allied territories.

4)  On US1 the Americans took their transport from the Eastern US and landed an infantry in in Brazil to activate the 3 infantry there. So they have also been collecting 2 IPCs a turn since then. Additionally, on US2 they moved 2 infantry into Dutch Suriname and French Guiana. If nothing else, these should be violations of US neutrality. He picked up 2 of the infantry from Brazil and now has a moderate fleet in SZ 90… I don’t suppose him moving into SZ 90 with one of my U-Boats is illeagal though.

These seem to be heinous infractions and I am filing with all of you as the Geneva Convention. Please tell me what you think. There is some monkey business going on here.

• 1 and 4 are both illegal for the reasons you gave.  No neutral country may activate a pro-neutral, either.  So that US1 move to Brazil cannot happen.  With 1, your explanation of the DEI is correct.  The US can only take them for itself if the Japs got them first, otherwise, they’re merely liberated (though the UK/ANZAC may move in there to collect them, still)

2 and 3, though, are allowed.  The US can’t enter the land territory, but its fleet may go where it pleases in the Pacific, as the rulebook states the US had more interests there, even if that SZ is adjacent to an ally/enemy.  This is probably a risky move, at best, though because a thinly spread American fleet is a juicy reason for a Jap DOW.  So, while in Europe, the Americans can’t be adjacent to a territory, the rule in the Pacific is not the same.

• Oh, and there is no problem sharing a U-boat space with Germany.  Just as long as its not next to Europe/Africa, of course.

• @LHoffman:

My cousins, playing as the Allies, took their Europe rulebook home with them, but the game is at our house. My Axis brothers and I noticed some… shady looking things going on with the US.

FYI: It is the beginning of Turn 3. The United States is not at war yet. Britain (India) made a preemptive strike against Japan on turn 2.

1. On US1, the Americans took Celebdas with their infantry and transport from the Philippines, and have been collecting 4 extra IPCs since then. Is this legal? In the Pacific book it says that only UK/Anzac may occupy any of the DEI for IPCs. Does this not also violate a US neutrality rule?

2. On US2 the Americans moved a fleet into SZ 32, which contains the Japanese Marianas… is this a violation of US neutrality or no?

3. On US2 the Americans moved a transport with infantry to SZ 46, which is ANZAC New Guinea… is this a violation of US neutrality rules… I am unclear as to the US not being able to ener sea zones bordering allied territories.

4. On US1 the Americans took their transport from the Eastern US and landed an infantry in in Brazil to activate the 3 infantry there. So they have also been collecting 2 IPCs a turn since then. Additionally, on US2 they moved 2 infantry into Dutch Suriname and French Guiana. If nothing else, these should be violations of US neutrality. He picked up 2 of the infantry from Brazil and now has a moderate fleet in SZ 90… I don’t suppose him moving into SZ 90 with one of my U-Boats is illeagal though.

These seem to be heinous infractions and I am filing with all of you as the Geneva Convention. Please tell me what you think. There is some monkey business going on here.

Boy your cousins are cheating like hell  :evil:

1. US can’t break neutrality, and can only take the Dutch tt from the axis (Jap) to collect from them (only UK/Anz can noncombat move in to take control).

2. US (while neutral) is allowed to be in the same sz as Jap (axis) , but can’t take the Marianas (or any other axis/neutral tt while still neutral itself).

3. US (while neutral) can share sz of its future allies and be next to their tt on the Pac side (just can’t be on their tt’s). US can’t be in a sz next to Europe/Africa on the other map (while neutral) this includes England & Scotland by rule, and now Iceland has been said to be part of Europe also.

4a) US can’t be on any allied or neutral tt while still neutral them selves (see above US can’t take Dutch tt from Dutch in noncombat, can only take them from the axis (once in the war).

4b) Yes US can share sz w/ future allies or future enemies

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Thank you gentlemen… it is as I thought then.

They were not intentionally cheating, I am sure, however, they are still breaking the rules and will have to be penalized accordingly. Which probably means returning their ships to the proper sea zones, removing the infantry and surrendering whatever collected money they had to the bank.

Thanks again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m