Rules question: What happens if axis capture Novosibirsk?

• Lets say you have Russia surrounded and are waiting for enough units to attack. If the axis capture Novosibirsk, but Russians are still able to mobilize units, do they place the 2 free units into the territory and resolve a combat on the axis players turn? Who would be the defender and the attacker in that case? Would the axis be able to retreat as described in the rules under building units in a sea zone controlled by a hostile player?

Or would they simply not get them?

• Great question, my first thought is that Russia must also control Novosibirsk to get the free inf in E40, but I’ll wait for Krieghund to make sure.

• The game for Russia would probably be over anyway, but I would say the Soviets don’t get the inf anymore.

But let’s wait what the designers say.

• Official Q&A

You guys are right, the USSR would simply not get the units.  However, the Soviets only have to control the territory during the Mobilize New Units phase, not for the entire turn.

• Actually we are playing without the 2 free russian infantry per turn tight now.  We are finding it very tough for the axis to take moscow while still hoding Egypt, Rome and Paris.  The game seems more balanced without them to us so far.

• @Krieghund:

You guys are right, the USSR would simply not get the units.  However, the Soviets only have to control the territory during the Mobilize New Units phase, not for the entire turn.

Good point, kinda like the Burma Road (or any NO). Just decide if its worth the resources to take it back to get the free inf.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m