• I noticed that in the rule book (p.33), that the Soviet and Japanese players can work out their own policies for a non-aggression treaty.  Has anyone actually drawn out an agreement or have they just played it out like previous versions?  If you have made such an agreement, was it considered unbreakable or was there some kind of penalty, etc. for breaking the policy?

• No just made it like all other AA games. Other then the fact that they aren’t in war, but nothing happens when they attack one another.

• I have the idea that Japan will attack the SU quite often in global. That is, of course, totally unhistorical. So perhaps we will make a houserule a bit like the revised edition. But then both ways. The one being attacked gets 6 inf on the attacked territory.

The fact that it is relatively save to attack the SU (you don’t get the USA or Brits in the war) and you will gain territories apart from China almost makes it a standard move. Or am I wrong?

• @Tavenier:

I have the idea that Japan will attack the SU quite often in global. That is, of course, totally unhistorical.

True, but of course A&A is completely unhistorical by nature. Just look at the initial set-up!

I also believe that NOT attacking the SU makes it all but impossible for the Germans to deal with the SU on their own: the Germans are constantly threatened by invasions and attacks from all sides and the SU retains too many territories, hence IPCs and can fully focus on the Germans (and Italians). A Japanese attack on the USSR is needed to make an Axis win possible, IMHO.

• Yep, of course it is ahistorical. But I rather have Japan do standard moves like gaining DEI, pacific island and Pearl Harbour. And that sometimes it is a nice strategy to attack SU, or something, instead of the other way around.

I agree that Germany needs help (like in all previous A&A’s). I used to capture as many British territory as I could get. That meant less IPC for UK to build units in GB. But with the split income that strategy is obsolete.

• Japan might be better off ignoring the russians for three turns. It was neat in my last game watching the japanese and russian player not really attack eachother until the russians had a setback in lenningrad and the infantry mound started backing up.

Then japan attacks half heartedly. The russian infantry goes to china to help

• They will attack each other first round 90% of games if you don’t agree a penalty for the attacker … something like 15 or 20 IPCs. Higher penalty -> later attack

• @Funcioneta:

They will attack each other first round 90% of games if you don’t agree a penalty for the attacker … something like 15 or 20 IPCs. Higher penalty -> later attack

Not sure about that 90% on turn 1, but sooner or later, they certainly will atack!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m