• When a sub is convoy raiding a zone does it do ipc damage to all powers with eritories touches the sea zone. Ie zone 82 Italy has gold coast and fwa German has fea do both of them lose ipcs?

• @i:

When a sub is convoy raiding a zone does it do ipc damage to all powers with eritories touches the sea zone. Ie zone 82 Italy has gold coast and fwa German has fea do both of them lose ipcs?

Yes.

• @i:

When a sub is convoy raiding a zone does it do ipc damage to all powers with eritories touches the sea zone. Ie zone 82 Italy has gold coast and fwa German has fea do both of them lose ipcs?

You do the check at the end of each power’s turn (see page 22).  Enemy warships in convoy zones adjoining your territories?  Then you lose the IPC’s.

A single sub could potentially disrupt 9 IPC’s per game round.  If, for crazy example, the Axis had a sub in Z97 and Russia controls Greece, UK controls Yugo, USA controls South Italy, France controls North Italy, and ANZAC controls Albania.  Each and every allied power would lose 2 IPC’s of income (ANZAC only 1, because Albania is only worth 1) on their turn.  :-)

• Wow that’s a lot.P

• Official Q&A

Alpha 3 is now posted.  The Official Rules Clarifications still apply.

• @i:

Wow that’s a lot.P

:-D Wouldn’t it be great to do that to somebody?

• @Krieghund:

Alpha 3 is now posted.  The Official Rules Clarifications still apply.

I have a question already.  The rules say Mongolia becomes Russian if Japan attacks Amur.  So Japan can attack any other Russian territory at any time without any penalty?

I’m sure there will be more as I read these rules for the first time.

• No more questions after reading through, but an observation:

Yay, AA guns have been “fixed”!  At last, a single AA gun cannot shoot at unlimited fighters and bombers.  What a huge improvement.  Also note that AA guns can be taken as casualties  :-o and that several AA guns have been added to setup (London gets 4)

• Alpha + 3 question. Does ANZAC’s capitol not count if the allies hold all axis capitols?

• @gamerman01:

No more questions after reading through, but an observation:

Yay, AA guns have been “fixed”!  At last, a single AA gun cannot shoot at unlimited fighters and bombers.  What a huge improvement.  Also note that AA guns can be taken as casualties  :-o and that several AA guns have been added to setup (London gets 4)

Since posting this, I realize what ramifications this has on Sealion.  4 more casualties in London at game start.  Boo.

• @Mino1124:

Alpha + 3 question. Does ANZAC’s capitol not count if the allies hold all axis capitols?

No, it doesn’t appear to count, as only the 4 more major world power centers of Washington, Paris, London and Moscow were listed.

However, it seems quite bizarre that the Allies could win, holding Tokyo, Berlin, Rome, and Paris, but not Washington, London, Moscow, or Sydney….

And how would it EVER happen that Allies would control Tokyo, Berlin, Rome, and Sydney, but none of the other 4?

• @Mino1124:

Alpha + 3 question. Does ANZAC’s capitol not count if the allies hold all axis capitols?

In the RARE case that the Allies hold Rome, Berlin, and Tokyo, but have lost Paris, London, Moscow AND Washington?

no, it wouldn’t count.  niether would Calcutta.

• '10

Has a Tac in Wger been removed or not in Alpha 3 ?

• Is the Italian NO for Caucasus gone?

• @Axisplaya:

Has a Tac in Wger been removed or not in Alpha 3 ?

W. Germany still has 3 tacs.  I too saw that it was 2 tacs for a while.  However, if you go back to the official thread now, it states 3 tactical bombers for W. Germany again.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

The rules say Mongolia becomes Russian if Japan attacks Amur.  So Japan can attack any other Russian territory at any time without any penalty?

Yes.  Only an attack from Manchuria and/or Korea into Amur will trigger Mongolia.

• @Krieghund:

@gamerman01:

The rules say Mongolia becomes Russian if Japan attacks Amur.  So Japan can attack any other Russian territory at any time without any penalty?

Yes.  Only an attack from Manchuria and/or Korea into Amur will trigger Mongolia.

A good question came up on another thread.  What about aircraft in Manchuria/Korea?  Could they accompany an amphibious assault, without incurring the wrath of the Mongolians?  Do they have to follow a flight plan that goes out to sea and back so they’re not crossing the Amu/Kor or Amu/Man borders??

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The question is, if super submarines upgrade convoy damage to 3 for everyone, do they upgrade convoy damage to 4 for Germany?

• Official Q&A

Axisplaya, please change the title of this thread.

@ViribusUnitis:

Is the Italian NO for Caucasus gone?

Yes.

@Cmdr:

The question is, if super submarines upgrade convoy damage to 3 for everyone, do they upgrade convoy damage to 4 for Germany?

No.  Germany gets only the increased combat capability.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

A good question came up on another thread.  What about aircraft in Manchuria/Korea?  Could they accompany an amphibious assault, without incurring the wrath of the Mongolians?  Do they have to follow a flight plan that goes out to sea and back so they’re not crossing the Amu/Kor or Amu/Man borders??

They may not originate from Manchuria or Korea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m