• Official Q&A

Scrambling occurs after all combat movement is completed, so the attacker may not move in additional units afterward.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

@Krieghund:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

Can fighters scramble if enemy ships are moving through an adjacent sea zone that has no allied ships in it?

No.  They may only scramble in response to an attack in the sea zone or an amphibious assault being launched from it.

To counter a scramble, then can the person launching an amphibious assault combat move planes into the empty seazone where it’s being launched from, or would that not be a legal move since they’d be combat moving where there may not even be combat?

To clarify what Krieghund has said, if you anticipate the scramble, you can move planes into the empty sea zone anyway.

• Official Q&A

Yes, that’s true, and it applies to sea units as well.

• '10

I assume you mean they can move a carrier loaded with planes into the amphibious assault sea zone, and not just the planes themselves? (assuming there is no naval battle before the assault)

• Official Q&A

I mean that if there is the potential for a naval battle to precede the amphibious assault because of the presence of an airbase and planes that could be scrambled on the island, the attacker may bring any air and/or sea units into the sea zone that would be needed to fight that battle.

• “No, it hasn’t been released yet.  I doubt it will be now until Alpha is finalized.”

What is alph??? :?

• '22 '19 '18

@LittleByrd98:

“No, it hasn’t been released yet.  I doubt it will be now until Alpha is finalized.”

What is alph??? :?

Alpha is the new set-up and rule changes being play tested currently, that will most likely replace OOB (out of box) set up for the 40 series.
    See the link:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4060

• Since the UK and France are allied, India can move into French Indo-China, I assume. Since Japan’s 10 IPC alpha bonus requires them to not invade indo-china, what happens if the UK puts men in indochina and Japan attacks them? Do they forfeit their bonus even if the UK started war with Japan first?

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

Since the UK and France are allied, India can move into French Indo-China, I assume. Since Japan’s 10 IPC alpha bonus requires them to not invade indo-china, what happens if the UK puts men in indochina and Japan attacks them? Do they forfeit their bonus even if the UK started war with Japan first?

Seems they would.  The rule is they lose the bonus if they attack FIC.  Period.  They’re still taking French land - that’s a pre-emptive invasion of French territory, is it not?

• @gamerman01:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

Since the UK and France are allied, India can move into French Indo-China, I assume. Since Japan’s 10 IPC alpha bonus requires them to not invade indo-china, what happens if the UK puts men in indochina and Japan attacks them? Do they forfeit their bonus even if the UK started war with Japan first?

Seems they would.  The rule is they lose the bonus if they attack FIC.  Period.  They’re still taking French land - that’s a pre-emptive invasion of French territory, is it not?

Just wanted to make sure.

Also, I’m pretty sure it’s still a no because it involves multinational attacking, but it’s good to ask:

A german navy sits outside England. UK places a sea unit in that sea zone after their turn. It doesn’t participate if the US attacks that German navy on the same turn, does it?

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

Also, I’m pretty sure it’s still a no because it involves multinational attacking, but it’s good to ask:

A german navy sits outside England. UK places a sea unit in that sea zone after their turn. It doesn’t participate if the US attacks that German navy on the same turn, does it?

You’re right.  There is NEVER multinational attacking.  The UK units would not participate.

• Those of you who have played Global would you use the Out Of Box rules or the Alpha.+1 rules.

Are the Alpha rules considered the Errata section for Europe 1940 edition?

• @wilk7011:

Those of you who have played Global would you use the Out Of Box rules or the Alpha.+1 rules.

Are the Alpha rules considered the Errata section for Europe 1940 edition?

Alpha +1 is the closest we have to what will be the final rules for 1940.  OOB is totally obsolete, to be perfectly frank.  Turns out OOB was the Alpha version and we were all enlisted since August to playtest.

• I actually printed rulebook off the internet for europe 1940 can anyone tell me if those are the Out Of Box rules or a different verison.

How much radically different is Alpha.+1?

• E40 rulebook is OOB.

Alpha +1 is radically different; multiple rules and NOs are changed

• Maybe I missed it… Are the dutch territories on the Pacific board treated just like pro-allies neutral country. Who ever lands on them places a marker and gets those IPC’s

• @wilk7011:

Maybe I missed it… Are the dutch territories on the Pacific board treated just like pro-allies neutral country. Who ever lands on them places a marker and gets those IPC’s

Not quite. Only UK/ANZAC can do that. other allies must retake them from the axis to take control.

• So are there any free units to get when taking the Dutch territories like you do when you take over a pro-allies neutral territories with the infantry symbol?

• @wilk7011:

So are there any free units to get when taking the Dutch territories like you do when you take over a pro-allies neutral territories with the infantry symbol?

No. There are no infantry symbols, so no inf pop up(just like Ireland)

• Can I move mechs and tanks through freshly captured territories (captured by infantry and arts, not the mechs and tanks) into a second friendly territory? These 2 spaces moved that didn’t fight at all that round.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m