• Actually, if both UK and Russia are at war(not necessarily with the same power) they can share territory.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Actually, if both UK and Russia are at war(not necessarily with the same power) they can share territory.

Right, that’s what I thought.

So: if Germany wants to attack a UK territory with a neutral USSR unit in it, must Germany declare war on Russia before it can do so?

• @Make_It_Round:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Actually, if both UK and Russia are at war(not necessarily with the same power) they can share territory.

Right, that’s what I thought.

So: if Germany wants to attack a UK territory with a neutral USSR unit in it, must Germany declare war on Russia before it can do so?

Yes

• I agree with you, Round, that it is absurd that Russia can join the UK on the Europe side of the board when it is not at war with Germany or Italy.  I have campaigned Krieghund and posted publicly on this board that this needs to be changed in the official FAQ.

It appears you would “sign my petition” that the USSR and UK should not be allowed to share territories until the USSR is at war with Euro Axis.  As you said, this has a lot of ramifications.  If UK planes are not allowed to land in Russian controlled territories, and Russians are not allowed to join the Allies in places such as Egypt or London (forcing a DOW if Euro Axis wishes to attack any of these locations), it changes the game significantly.

Until the FAQ comes out, I am just asking my opponents to agree to this rule.  That UK/USA and USSR may not share a land territory until USSR is at war with Germany/Italy.  It only makes sense, and it really should have been this way in the original rulebook.

• this seems like a common sense, USSR and UK arent allied till they are at war with the same power

• In which Sea zones (next to Europe) the US can’t stay during non war state? 103 - 108 and 118?

• @Stefano1189:

In which Sea zones (next to Europe) the US can’t stay during non war state? 103 - 108 and 118?

Of those, it cannot be in Z104, which borders Spain

• The US can’t enter any sea zone that is touching any European or African territory while neutral.  This includes Iceland.

• Here is the question I got, can the USA and USSR invade neutral countries while not at war with one of the Axis powers?  Could the USA take all of South America while not at war with anyone?

• @Gharen:

Here is the question I got, can the USA and USSR invade neutral countries while not at war with one of the Axis powers?  Could the USA take all of South America while not at war with anyone?

No.  See the side bar on that one page (12 or something?  Don’t have the rulebook with me)

No one can take over a neutral country while not at war.

• Global on the way for me!!! … in four days  :-(

Anyways when it does come, can I use A@A revised pieces/IPC’s for global?

• @Benerfe:

Global on the way for me!!! … in four days  :-(

Anyways when it does come, can I use A@A revised pieces/IPC’s for global?

No one’s stopping you.

• I’m using Classic IPC’s for global.  AA50 doesn’t have enough 10’s, but my 20 year old Classic set does (and it has way more 5’s than you’ll ever need  :roll:)

• Just curious, reading page 9 AAE40 rulebook. If Italy declares war on USSR, it appears USSR can declare war on Germany. Is that how you read it?

Page 10 is clear about the US being able to declare war “on any and all axis powers.” (after it is declared on by one axis) but page 9 is ambiguous about USSR. After all, USSR would not need to declare against Italy since it is already at war in the above question.

The reason I asked, I was curious about Italy declaring war, then before USSR’s turn, Germany moves into a “friendly” Italian controlled territory within USSR while not being at war with them. It does not matter if USSR is able to declare war, however, if it is not able to declare against Germany, would it be able to counter attack a zone with German units? Would it simply ignore the German units and share the zone with them?

Just something to think about.

• @JamesAleman:

Just curious, reading page 9 AAE40 rulebook. If Italy declares war on USSR, it appears USSR can declare war on Germany. Is that how you read it?

Page 10 is clear about the US being able to declare war “on any and all axis powers.” (after it is declared on by one axis) but page 9 is ambiguous about USSR. After all, USSR would not need to declare against Italy since it is already at war in the above question.

The reason I asked, I was curious about Italy declaring war, then before USSR’s turn, Germany moves into a “friendly” Italian controlled territory within USSR while not being at war with them. It does not matter if USSR is able to declare war, however, if it is not able to declare against Germany, would it be able to counter attack a zone with German units? Would it simply ignore the German units and share the zone with them?

Just something to think about.

You got the wording for the US conditions wrong (might be a typo): “it may declare war on any or all Axis powers.”

The USSR conditions say: “the SU may not declare war on any Axis power before its 4th turn unless an Axis power declares war on it first”. Or, if you rewrite it: if an Axis power declares war on the USSR before its 4th turn, the USSR may declare war on any Axis power.

On the situation you mentioned above, of Italy declaring war and taking an Russian territory with German units moving there, the USSR cannot attack that territory without a DoW made against Germany. The reason is on page 15 (on the black box regarding neutral powers): “A power can’t attack a territory controlled by or containing units belonging to a power with which it is not at war”.

• @Hobbes:

The USSR conditions say: “the SU may not declare war on any Axis power before its 4th turn unless an Axis power declares war on it first”. Or, if you rewrite it: if an Axis power declares war on the USSR before its 4th turn, the USSR may declare war on any Axis power.

You misquoted the rulebook.  On page 33 it says “The SU may not declare war on any European Axis power before turn four unless first declared war upon by a European Axis power.”

The way you wrote it, the Soviet Union could declare war on Germany and Italy as soon as Japan declares war on the Soviet Union, which is NOT the case.  When you quote the rulebook, please quote it exactly!

It appears then, that JamesAleman has a point.  Italy could declare war on the SU and take territory.  Then Germany could move into the Italian controlled original Soviet territory without declaring war, thereby collecting the “at peace” NO one more time.  On Russia’s turn, they would have no reason not to declare war on Germany, and they are entitled to do just that.  Then G won’t get the NO anymore, and R can attack G/I shared TT.

• @gamerman01:

@Hobbes:

You misquoted the rulebook.  On page 33 it says “The SU may not declare war on any European Axis power before turn four unless first declared war upon by a European Axis power.”

The way you wrote it, the Soviet Union could declare war on Germany and Italy as soon as Japan declares war on the Soviet Union, which is NOT the case.  When you quote the rulebook, please quote it exactly!

JamesAleman was quoting from page 9 (and so was I), which refers to the Europe game, thus my quote is correct. The question belongs to the AAE forum (I just noticed it when you mentioned page 33) but there isn’t there a FAQ regarding AAE so I guess it makes sense to ask it here.

• @Hobbes:

JamesAleman was quoting from page 9 (and so was I), which refers to the Europe game, thus my quote is correct. The question belongs to the AAE forum (I just noticed it when you mentioned page 33) but there isn’t there a FAQ regarding AAE so I guess it makes sense to ask it here.

Ah, yes, thanks for patiently clearing up the difference.  I started this thread, and if you guys play E40 you could start a FAQ thread in the E40 forums just as I started this one here.  When you ask questions on this thread I assume you are asking global questions.

• @gamerman01:

Ah, yes, thanks for patiently clearing up the difference.  I started this thread, and if you guys play E40 you could start a FAQ thread in the E40 forums just as I started this one here.  When you ask questions on this thread I assume you are asking global questions.

You assume correctly but from what I’ve read most questions asked here are relevant to both AAE and AAG regarding movement/territories/units/etc. When there is a specific question asked for one of the games it usually regards the political rules (like JamesAleman’s query).

I guess that’s why no one thought of starting a FAQ for AAE yet: the AAG FAQ covers it all :)

• @Hobbes:

You assume correctly but from what I’ve read most questions asked here are relevant to both AAE and AAG regarding movement/territories/units/etc. When there is a specific question asked for one of the games it usually regards the political rules (like JamesAleman’s query).

I guess that’s why no one thought of starting a FAQ for AAE yet: the AAG FAQ covers it all :)

Right.  I need to try out E40 sometime - I bet it’s really fun.  I will not go back to P40, however, because the turn order is totally different than 1940 world-wide.  With E40 the turn order is the same, so it won’t screw me up to play E40 as much (just have to keep the different NO’s straight and stuff).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m