Imperious leader’s best moves for AAE40/ AAG40:

• IL….Place all builds in SZ 118 with 2 fighters on CV  ?  Is this sz next to a UK factory?

If u mean SZ 110.  Would the G2 naval attack and Sea Lion turn be this?

Germany: sz 112       BB,CA, CV, 2 Fig.
    help On land nearby 2 Tact, 1 Bomber.   assume no subs left

Vs

UK: sz 109    CA,CV, 2 fig 3 DD
    ======================== looks roughly 75% naval victory with a 75-80% land victory  ?  
    I must have missed something.

• Sure you mean SZ 118 for UK1?  UK cannot build into SZ 118.

Typo. i meant SZ 110 with the block fleet

Germany: sz 112      BB,CA, CV, 2 Fig.
    help On land nearby 2 Tact, 1 Bomber.  assume no subs left

Vs

UK: sz 109    CA,CV, 2 fig 3 DD

Uk fleet ( with 29 purchase )  is 1 CV, 2 fighters, 1 CA, 3 DD  vs. 1 BB, 1 CA, and planes. UK has 8 hit fleet and Germany will have a damaged BB and 2 hit fleet plus the planes. If they commit 6 of their planes  ( they only have 4 fighters , 3 tactical, 1 Bomber)  leaving 2 for sealion.

UK has 2 inf and 2 planes. In view of this It might work out better for UK to buy 2 DD and 4 Infantry= 29 IPC.

If UK does not buy a fleet and or does not block at SZ 110, she can buy 9 infantry as stated. This carte blanche for Germany makes the attack easier for Germany.

I disagree with a few things, but I want to comment mainly that Italy should be given as much of the Balkans as possible…let Italy align Bulgaria, no reason to give this to Germany.  The economic benefit(incl 4INF) to Italy is much greater percentage-wise, and helps Italy take down Greece for another NO(assuming they take Egypt).  I would even let Italy take Yugo the first real chance they can manage it…I2?

Yes your right! i will edit the post to reflect this. They need it more and it will help them in Yugoslavia

you only posted NCM for Soviets, What would be your buys and unit placement?

Soviets not entirely complete, but expect armor. Soviets should defend border with nothing and have a huge pile of attack force in Belarus and West Ukraine plus one block force in Leningrad front.

IN AAE40 its 28 IPC and 37 in G40. Think we need 2 tanks, 1 tactical bomber, 1 art, 1 inf. IN G40 3 tanks, 1 tactical, 1 fighter

What purchases do you suggest for US during peacetime? Are you focusing on a massive navy with a few land units and transports? My buys would be (during the three turns of peace) 1CV, 1fig, 1 tac, 3 trns, 3arm, 3inf. I’m not sure if I need more anti-sub ships or bombard ships. Any thoughts?

US not done yet

Am I missing something, isn’t there one more German fighter that could help with the attacks on G1, I’m sure there are 8 German planes in total…

4 fighters, 3 tactical, 1 bomber. The fighter is missing in the attack on France. ill correct that

UK collect income phase, german sub is still in the convoy zone despite an English sortie with a failed destroyer attack, UK collect 27 IPC (2 less).

Yes possibly.

AP= Transport

• @Imperious:

Attacks SZ 109 with 1 Bomber 1 sub
    Attacks SZ 110 with 1 Tactical, 1 Fighter, 2 SS
    Attacks SZ 111 with 1 tactical, 1 Fighter, 2 SS
    Attacks SZ 112 with 1 BB, 1CA, 1 Tactical, 1 Fighter
    Attacks France with 5 tanks, 4 Mechanized, 2 Artillery, 6 Infantry, 1 Fighter

how does bomber from germany reach SZ109
    i thought:
    no air base 6 moves
    1 to west germany
    1 to holland
    1 to 110
    1 to 109
    1 to attack (we have been playing you have to attack with plane when against navy is this wrong?)
    1 to 110
    1 to land in holland

• @herman88:

@Imperious:

Attacks SZ 110 with 1 Tactical, 1 Fighter, 2 SS
    Attacks SZ 111 with 1 tactical, 1 Fighter, 2 SS
    Attacks SZ 112 with 1 BB, 1CA, 1 Tactical, 1 Fighter
    Attacks France with 5 tanks, 4 Mechanized, 2 Artillery, 6 Infantry, 1 Fighter

how does bomber from germany reach SZ109
    i thought:
    no air base 6 moves
    1 to west germany
    1 to holland
    1 to 110
    1 to 109
    1 to attack (we have been playing you have to attack with plane when against navy is this wrong?)
    1 to 110
    1 to land in holland

The bomber can’t reach that right? It’s in east germany

• Attacks SZ 109 with 1 Bomber 1 sub

4 and 2 against 2. Whats the flaw? You want the fighter in it too for over kill?

The fighter can save potential German loses of armor in Paris.

• @Imperious:

4 and 2 against 2. Whats the flaw? You want the fighter in it too for over kill?

Bomber can’t reach. It’s in (East) Germany, which has no airbase. Same thing as when you advocated attacking the carrier fleet with 2 SS, 1 bmr G1

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Imperious:

Bomber can’t reach. It’s in (East) Germany, which has no airbase. Same thing as when you advocated attacking the carrier fleet with 2 SS, 1 bmr G1

The Bomber can make it. Flightpath: Germany into 113, 112, 110, 109, 110, Holland, or alternatively: Germany into West Germany, Holland, 110, 109, 110, Holland

• @MODEL:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Imperious:

The Bomber can make it. Flightpath: Germany into 113, 112, 110, 109, 110, Holland, or alternatively: Germany into West Germany, Holland, 110, 109, 110, Holland

i dont have a rule book infront of me but it is my understanding that it takes one move turn to attack navy with aircraft.

• @herman88:

@MODEL:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Imperious:

i dont have a rule book infront of me but it is my understanding that it takes one move turn to attack navy with aircraft.

I don’t think so, aircraft just have to reach the target area and then attack, not reach the target area and then spend another move point to engage, remember in this game your not attacking ‘units’, technically you attack a territory or sea zone and the hostile units defend the territory/sea zone

• Germany into 113, 112, 110, 109, 110, Holland, or alternatively: Germany into West Germany, Holland, 110, 109, 110, Holland

Bomber lands in Holland and can reach 6 spaces total.

I have a new concept for Russia and will post.

• Ok new concept for Soviet Union:

Stalin Line:

Builds
    R1= 8 Infantry, 1 Artillery…. place Art and 2 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R2= 3 Tanks, 4 Inf, 1 Artillery ( save one)… place 3 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R3= 3 tanks, 2 tactical bombers… place 3 tanks in Leningrad, Tactical bombers in Moscow
    R4= 10 Infantry

NCM for turns 1-3:

Stalin Line setup: ( this is what will be in position by turn G4 German attack)

Karelia 1 infantry
    Vyborg 1 infantry
    Novgorod 4 infantry, 3 tanks, 2 fighters, 1 tactical bomber
    Baltic 1 infantry
    Belarus 15 Infantry, 3 artillery
    Western Ukraine 12 Infantry, 2 artillery
    Bryansk 5 tanks, 2 mechanized
    Russia 2 tactical bombers
    Caucasus 3 infantry ( on R1 Soviets sent one infantry to get the 2 Persia infantry)
    Navy stays, except Soviet sub may move forward

• @Imperious:

Ok new concept for Soviet Union:

Stalin Line:

Builds
    R1= 8 Infantry, 1 Artillery…. place Art and 2 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R2= 3 Tanks, 4 Inf, 1 Artillery ( save one)… place 3 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R3= 3 tanks, 2 tactical bombers… place 3 tanks in Leningrad, Tactical bombers in Moscow
    R4= 10 Infantry

NCM for turns 1-3:

Stalin Line setup: ( this is what will be in position by turn G4 German attack)

Karelia 1 infantry
    Vyborg 1 infantry
    Novgorod 4 infantry, 3 tanks, 2 fighters, 1 tactical bomber
    Baltic 1 infantry
    Belarus 15 Infantry, 3 artillery
    Western Ukraine 12 Infantry, 2 artillery
    Bryansk 5 tanks, 2 mechanized
    Russia 2 tactical bombers
    Caucasus 3 infantry ( on R1 Soviets sent one infantry to get the 2 Persia infantry)
    Navy stays, except Soviet sub may move forward

Should BB go to Z114 to block amphibs and to also make Germany attack 2 sea zones instead of 1 to kill the ships?

• What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?  It has a Naval Base and with a Minor factory it could influence the med quite a bit.

• @Daedelus:

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?   It has a Naval Base and with a Minor factory it could influence the med quite a bit.

The Minor factory is in Normandy, not Vichy

• Should BB go to Z114 to block amphibs and to also make Germany attack 2 sea zones instead of 1 to kill the ships?

No because Leningrad is weak, as the infantry stacks move south and place in Leningrad. Russia cant let it fall and her NO requires her to hold 115, which also defends Leningrad. Leningrad is only made ‘whole’ on R3 placements of 3 tanks.

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?

Germany cant reach it because it has to take paris to reach it

• @Imperious:

Should BB go to Z114 to block amphibs and to also make Germany attack 2 sea zones instead of 1 to kill the ships?

No because Leningrad is weak, as the infantry stacks move south and place in Leningrad. Russia cant let it fall and her NO requires her to hold 115, which also defends Leningrad. Leningrad is only made ‘whole’ on R3 placements of 3 tanks.

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?

Germany cant reach it because it has to take paris to reach it

No, the NO is tied to Z125, off Norway.

It cann reach souther France via northern Italy. Attack with tanks from Austria

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Daedelus:

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?   It has a Naval Base and with a Minor factory it could influence the med quite a bit.

The Minor factory is in Normandy, not Vichy

I realize ther factory is in Normandy but I was thinking of buying a minor factory for southern France.  I’m playing my first game on Sunday and I am preparing what I will do if I draw Germany or Japan.

• It cann reach souther France via northern Italy. Attack with tanks from Austria

And lose tanks at 6 IPC to infantry for a couple of IPC? Never should you do that.

I left alone Normandy because the infantry need to be soakers, never will i trade a tank for 2 IPC.

France is finished after paris falls. That lone frenchy wont hurt anybody and will die next turn.

• You could bring a couple of mech infantry along with the tanks from west germany. These could act as soakers for the tanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m