• Was the split between the European and Pacific UK theaters put into place because UK would spend all their money in Europe? Or was it another reason? Played our first 6 player global game yesterday and everyone agreed that it wouldn’t be that big of a mess if UK had. The UK player can’t really afford to completely ignore Pacific, but when UK fell G2, Pacific side was a waste of his time and all those British resources in the European theater were just a waste. I’m sure it can be played with UK getting all money to spend wherever they choose.

Also, when UK is taken on one side or the other, the territories left can’t just go to the other side can they? I’m sure this all causes balance issues I know, but we all pretty much feel, UK is the butt-end to play in this game. I’m going to try them in our next game myself. Anyone else have comments about the UK split?

• Yes, UK would spend 45 in Europe. How did UK fall G2? Did you build 9 inf or 7 inf, 2 art?

• I ASSUMED the split had to do with a couple things. Either historical problems with getting ipc like value from india and islands in the pacific to england, or a certain amount of local demand for resources to be spent for the protection of at least their hemisphere.

If the british player can decide where to spend 55 dollars each turn it makes him and the allies stronger. Sea lion is easier to defeat if you can plop 8 tanks in england on UK1. On UK2 they can plop 55 bucks back in india to make up for it.

• Official Q&A

@bigopfer:

I’m sure it can be played with UK getting all money to spend wherever they choose.

Try it if you like, but I’m sure that if you think about it hard enough you can come up with a way to exploit it.

@bigopfer:

Also, when UK is taken on one side or the other, the territories left can’t just go to the other side can they?

No, they can’t.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yes, UK would spend 45 in Europe. How did UK fall G2? Did you build 9 inf or 7 inf, 2 art?

I created a new post summarizing my first 6 player Global game from yesterday. Basically UK was deliberating between being able to still reinforce UK a little bit while also being able to crush Italy’s navy. In the end he decided to split himself up and kill Italy’s navy instead of an all out defense of UK. It cost him. Paratroopers helped Germany.

• @bigopfer:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yes, UK would spend 45 in Europe. How did UK fall G2? Did you build 9 inf or 7 inf, 2 art?

I created a new post summarizing my first 6 player Global game from yesterday. Basically UK was deliberating between being able to still reinforce UK a little bit while also being able to crush Italy’s navy. In the end he decided to split himself up and kill Italy’s navy instead of an all out defense of UK. It cost him. Paratroopers helped Germany.

You can still take out the Italian fleet and build 9 inf

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@bigopfer:

@calvinhobbesliker:

He didn’t buy all infantry, he bought 1 tech, put 1 tank 2 inf in South Africa, and 4inf in UK if I remember right. He had moved ALL fighters out of UK to attack Italy.

• @bigopfer:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@bigopfer:

@calvinhobbesliker:

He didn’t buy all infantry, he bought 1 tech, put 1 tank 2 inf in South Africa, and 4inf in UK if I remember right. He had moved ALL fighters out of UK to attack Italy.

Huh? The 3 ftrs can’t reach any Italians.

• I still find it strange that UK’s 45ish income was split to prevent exploits but The USA’s 80+ income is still allowed to concentrated in one theatre.  I would have thought forcing the US to spend in each theatre would be the ultimate KGF stopper.

• @Striker:

I still find it strange that UK’s 45ish income was split to prevent exploits but The USA’s 80+ income is still allowed to concentrated in one theatre.  I would have thought forcing the US to spend in each theatre would be the ultimate KGF stopper.

But UK is right in the action, and US is 2 turns away

• I think the split makes Japan’s efforts against the Brits much less meaningful. In AA50, every one of those islands or territories in the Pacific that the Brits lost directly impacted their ability to fight the war against Germany/Italy. And this in turn drew US response to try and protect those Brit assets as long as possible (to keep the pressure on Germany mounting).

In Global with the split resources, the ‘Euro-Brits’ don’t give a fig about the money Japan is taking away since it doesnt impact what’s going on in Europe hardly at all. So they are less pressed to have the US protect those resources and thus the US cares a lot less about the Pacific other than making sure Japan doesnt go completely hog-wild.

It kind of feels like you’re playing the two games side by side rather than having a more integrated total war feel that AA50 had. We really enjoyed the game overall, but there was a lot less of the cross-theater assistance/interest since the two theatres have such minimal impact on each other.

• @Uncle_Joe:

I think the split makes Japan’s efforts against the Brits much less meaningful. In AA50, every one of those islands or territories in the Pacific that the Brits lost directly impacted their ability to fight the war against Germany/Italy. And this in turn drew US response to try and protect those Brit assets as long as possible (to keep the pressure on Germany mounting).

In Global with the split resources, the ‘Euro-Brits’ don’t give a fig about the money Japan is taking away since it doesnt impact what’s going on in Europe hardly at all. So they are less pressed to have the US protect those resources and thus the US cares a lot less about the Pacific other than making sure Japan doesnt go completely hog-wild.

It kind of feels like you’re playing the two games side by side rather than having a more integrated total war feel that AA50 had. We really enjoyed the game overall, but there was a lot less of the cross-theater assistance/interest since the two theatres have such minimal impact on each other.

But that means that India is as easily taken as in AA50 because it now starts with a factory, while India in AA50 doesn’t

• @Striker:

I still find it strange that UK’s 45ish income was split to prevent exploits but The USA’s 80+ income is still allowed to concentrated in one theatre.  I would have thought forcing the US to spend in each theatre would be the ultimate KGF stopper.

Yup I agree, little strange.

• Despite having ‘guards’ units from missouri or nebraska the united states was probably more united in 1940 than the united kingdom.

Knowing where we are now politically makes that :lol: obvious. India does not have much to say in british elections where soith carolina has yet to declare independence again.

Then again Tata motors owns Jaguar……

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m