Any good ideas for keeping units seperated

• I was just wondering if there were any good ideas out there for keeping the AAP40 and the AAE40 units seperate.  I know this will not even matter to alot of people but I’m a little OCD in this regard.  I’d like to be able to keep the units that came with pacific seperate from the units that came with europe so that I could play the individual games as well.

• you can put a black dot with a marker on the bottom of the UK/US pieces of either Pacific or Europe box

(or if you’re really strict about it: every time a UK or US units change board, you replace them with the similar units that came with that game.

• just count each games units,on paper and seprate them after the game,they are the same shade of colour right? i dont have europe yet

• @special:

you can put a black dot with a marker on the bottom of the UK/US pieces of either Pacific or Europe box

I agree that this is the best method to keep them strictly separated, no matter how much the pieces move around the board, because with a dot distinguishing the Pacific and Europe sets of US and UK pieces you could completely mix together both sets and still be able to separate them afterwards.  No other countries appear in both games, so only the US and the UK would need dots.  And you’ll have no trouble sorting out the roundels and the square cardboard markers: the Pacific ones have a white backing and the Europe ones have a black backing.

• Easiest way is to use ONLY one countries units (i.e. - use only AAP40 UK and US units) and make a note of additional units brought in (should be none or close to none) from AAE40.

• @reloader-1:

Easiest way is to use ONLY one countries units (i.e. - use only AAP40 UK and US units) and make a note of additional units brought in (should be none or close to none) from AAE40.

Here is the best way: whenever a unit crosses boards, replace it with an analogous unit from the other set. For example, if 1 bomber from Hawaii flies to EUS, replace the P40 bomber with an E40 bomber

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@reloader-1:

Easiest way is to use ONLY one countries units (i.e. - use only AAP40 UK and US units) and make a note of additional units brought in (should be none or close to none) from AAE40.

Here is the best way: whenever a unit crosses boards, replace it with an analogous unit from the other set. For example, if 1 bomber from Hawaii flies to EUS, replace the P40 bomber with an E40 bomber

:roll: just keep them all in the same box?

• They have medication for this……

• Im pretty sure the peices are identical

also, how do i keep coins from pre 1990 from getting mixed up with coins from after 1990 in my pocket.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@reloader-1:

Or simply move a bomber from your E40 box to your P40 box.

• @Plasticdeathbydice:

They have medication for this……

Not in enough quantities for these forums… it’s never in enough quantity. I keep trying not to mix the green pills with the lime ones, but i’m having problems with the green and black ones, should they be stored between the green ones or close to some other color.

And don’t get me started on where to store my Classic game pieces…

• I have OCD with the opposite problem.  I need to keep everything together and organized in a fishing tackle boxes.  Every country uses at least one box but many use two, one for land and air units and the other for naval.  I also keep all of my AA boards together and have everything packed into a wooden WWII med box, wrapped in plastic of course.  I have issues……

• I combined all my pieces from AAP40, AAE40 and AA42 in a FMG chest.  All the chips, counters, Air and Naval bases,….Everything.  I can now use the AA Guns and Factories from 42 instead of the little cardboard pieces.  I added the factories from the Superpowers game for Minor factories.

Download and print AA50 Supreme, AA42 Supreme (and soon to come Global Supreme?) from IL.

Put original boards, and anything else not in use in the closet.

With these 3 games you can play ANY of the new Axis and Allies game.  Including AA50.  Download and print all the rule books and Errata.

Bingo Bango.  Good to go.

• @Plasticdeathbydice:

They have medication for this……

I love this guy!!!!!

• Horrifying thread.

• Horrifying thread which you just bumped up again… good job

• Docfav…. Just checked out the FMG war chest.  It looks AMAZING!!! pity about the price tag though.  Do you also have a dice tower?  If so how well does it work?  I typically play my games in a somewhat confined space and that looks like something that will limit the spaced needed to roll the dice and eliminate the risk of a stray dice going nuclear on the board and wiping out a bunch of units.

• I’m the creator of the AA Dice Turret.  The Cardboard one.  I use them for every game I play.  You can check out my site for other models as well.

www.thediceturret.com

docfav

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m