• Anyone have different shades of blue for sea zones in Europe vs Pacific?

• Yes and I have even a bigger color difference between the two European boards.  So much so that when I show it off so far to three different people the first thing thay say is wow the size is impressive, the second thing is, “look how different the blue is in the sea between these two boards.” stands out big time.  Not a big deal to me but I can see how obvious it is when it keeps getting pointed out…

• Mine Europe board are different shades as well. At least Germany has 9 tac bomers.

• Yep, they are different. I already saw it in the preview…

• the euro boards r also about 1/4 inch longer  :-o than pacific, though this will not keep me from playing :lol:

• @jeffdestroyer:

Anyone have different shades of blue for sea zones in Europe vs Pacific?

I have the same problem.  I wondered if I’d gotten a defective copy, but now I know it’s not just mine.

• Yeah it is very noticeable.  It then made me even notice the slight difference in ocean color between the two Pacific boards.

• So if we badger WotC for replacement boards what do you think are the chances they never make an axis and allies game again? Cause they really didnt want to give me those jap tac bombers or the replacement battlestrip.

• @gredert:

So if we badger WotC for replacement boards what do you think are the chances they never make an axis and allies game again? Cause they really didnt want to give me those jap tac bombers or the replacement battlestrip.

What the are you talking about? I called WOTC about something else and the operator was going to add a new battlestrip and tacs to the order without me even asking. (I had already emailed them about the tacs and battlestrip)

• @Llordbone:

the euro boards r also about 1/4 inch longer  :-o than pacific, though this will not keep me from playing :lol:

:-o Uh-oh… I’ve been making a table-top to hold my Global game, and I’ve been going off the AAP40 dimensions…

• Mine are perfectly even.

• @GrayBlaZe:

Yes and I have even a bigger color difference between the two European boards.  So much so that when I show it off so far to three different people the first thing thay say is wow the size is impressive, the second thing is, “look how different the blue is in the sea between these two boards.” stands out big time.  Not a big deal to me but I can see how obvious it is when it keeps getting pointed out…

Ours also has quite a color difference. There’s more yellow in the blue of the Pacific board - or the other way around, can’t check, don’t have the board here. It shows less in the land areas since abit more yellow in brownish colors won’t show that much.

Also it shows so hard because there happens to be a LOT of ocean there. :)

Doesn’t really bother me, though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m