• Is anyone else sick of the same old drive for Moscow!  :? It’s good fun but can sometimes get boring! I think  :? anyway even if the real Axis Powers captured Moscow the Western Allies would fight on! So my Axis and Allies group decided to make the rule of capturing two important capitals!  :evil: In return the Allies have to take Germany and North Italy. This means more action in the Med as well as the Atlantic and Russia! What do you think any opinions or suggestions?

• '12

@Gen.Rommel:

Is anyone else sick of the same old drive for Moscow!  :? It’s good fun but can sometimes get boring! I think  :? anyway even if the real Axis Powers captured Moscow the Western Allies would fight on! So my Axis and Allies group decided to make the rule of capturing two important capitals!  :evil: In return the Allies have to take Germany and North Italy. This means more action in the Med as well as the Atlantic and Russia! What do you think any opinions or suggestions?

I think even with all Russia conquered, Germany is still gonna lose that game.  America and Britain pile up in the UK and it becomes untakable.  Germany has to defend all of Europe.  Not doable.  It’s a neat idea, but I don’t think it will work.  Give it a shot and see how it goes though.

• I have played with it several times and it seems to be a real struggle for the allies! I find that the game is still evenly weighted! Afterall Germany only has to defend a small part of Europe now because there is no eastern threat! Also the oil money combined with the russians money makes for a more equal IPC count! Anyway it seems to be fun that way! Otherwise the game gets to focused on Russia! You can also take out England early and then go for Russia???  :? It works for us? Has any1 else played like this?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

This game is broken.  A buddy of mine and I played this thing for 4 days, testing certain permutations.  Germany can take Moscow EVERY time no matter what the Allies do.  If you change the rules to make it so Germany has to take 2 capitols, the Allies will win every time.  Even with the entire continent under axis control, the allies still make about the same amount of IPCs.  By the time the USSR falls, the allies usually have an insurmountable lead in naval forces, insuring that they can pick and chose where to harass Germany on the main land, slowly wearing it down.  I wonder if Avalon Hill play tested this thing enough.

• AAE was always broken and that is common knowledge.

Make the tanks cost 6
    Make Germany be required to garrison all occupied land areas in order to get income
    Do not allow sea invasions in the Baltic.

This should fix it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m