• Is anyone else a bit disapointed by the victory conditions?  I know, personally, i’m going to have them as if either germany/italy, or Japan get there required victory cities the axis win.  This, i believe, will end the KJF or KGF strat, and is honestly what I assumed it would be.

• I’m reserving judgement until I get a game or two under my belt.

• No it’s not that bad, sure it will take the Allies longer, but still can be done, remember the 2nd Edition.

The Axis need in Spring 42 (short victory)
    Berlin, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Shanghai, Manila, Leningrad, Calcutta, and Moscow.
    The Axis need in Anniversary (“Surrender with honor”)
    Berlin, Warsaw, Rome, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Manila, Honolulu, Paris, Calcutta, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Shanghai, Moscow, London!, and Sydney
    Now they need
    Berlin, Warsaw, Rome, Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, Hong Kong, Manila, Honolulu, Sydney, Calcutta, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, and Cairo

• I’m sure it’ll be a bit easier for the Axis to achieve, but I think that it’s pretty equal. I still remember AA Revised, where the Axis could take Karelia and India and win the game on T1. Anything is better than that

• @GrizzlyMan:

I’m sure it’ll be a bit easier for the Axis to achieve, but I think that it’s pretty equal. I still remember AA Revised, where the Axis could take Karelia and India and win the game on T1. Anything is better than that

They can’t take India J1 if the Kwangtung transport is killed

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@GrizzlyMan:

I’m sure it’ll be a bit easier for the Axis to achieve, but I think that it’s pretty equal. I still remember AA Revised, where the Axis could take Karelia and India and win the game on T1. Anything is better than that

They can’t take India J1 if the Kwangtung transport is killed

They can try.

• Actually it’s bad enough in AA50 41, if they play the short victory, if the Axis can’t take a city they lose.

• No, you all misunderstand.  I mean Japan alone should be able to win if they get there number of VCs in the pacific half, or germany/italy wins if they get there VCs.  So you could end up with a game where japan wins just as berlin is captured, letting the axis take the overall victory.

• @bugoo:

No, you all misunderstand.  I mean Japan alone should be able to win if they get there number of VCs in the pacific half, or germany/italy wins if they get there VCs.  So you could end up with a game where japan wins just as berlin is captured, letting the axis take the overall victory.

Huh? There are 8 VC’s on the Pacific board, the axis need 14 to win

• But West US is one of them.

• Argh, ok in the pacific game japan needs to take and hold 6 VCs to win.
    In europe axis need 8 VCs to win.
    In global a combined 14.

How i think it should be, is it Japan gets its 6 vc on the pacific half, OR ger/italy get there 8 in Europe, game over axis win.

• Well I guess you could do it another way

Like here’s Europe 40’s Axis and Allies victory:
    Berlin, Warsaw, Rome, Cairo, Paris, Leningrad, Stalingrad, and Moscow
    Heres Pacific 40
    Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Manila, Calcutta, Sydney

Now I guess you could take London and not take like Sydney so like taking 5 on Pacific and 9 on Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m