• I’m sure someone has already done this but… just in case.

1940 Global Map

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?kki8b824y2sumhv

• @TexCapPrezJimmy:

I’m sure someone has already done this but… just in case.

1940 Global Map

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?kki8b824y2sumhv

If you are so sure what is the point of posting this thread?

• @mwindianapolis:

To piss jerks like you off.

• @TexCapPrezJimmy:

@mwindianapolis:

Your amusing  :-D

• @cminke:

hey dylan do you have any other quotes for me to steal?..i…i…mean barrow
    Hey Dylan, do you have any other quotes for me to steal?..I…I… mean borrow?

No.

• @TexCapPrezJimmy:

@mwindianapolis:

I’m only doing what people on this forum did with my pic post

• OH SNAP

you gotta hand it to dylan, great zinger

• @shohoku201:

OH SNAP

you gotta hand it to dylan, great zinger

Two snaps and a twist……yea…he he “GREAT Zinger”…(shaking head)

• I also foresee Russia being at war with Japan before being at war with Germany in most games. That doesn’t really seem right. It might have been better for the first country to attack the other (i.e Russia and Japan) to pay some kind of IPC penalty to deter them a little or even a die roll on whether the non aggression pact is signed or not (possibly influenced by certain developments on the board).

• Just thinking out loud here.

If Russia did attack Japan on R1 then what would happen next?

Historically Russia didn’t want two fronts.

So if Russia attacks first, would Japan then focus on Russia/China?  Would Japan be able to push into Russia before being at war with the rest of the allies?

If Russia is busy fighting a war against Japan, does that make them more vulnerable to a German early attack on G2 or G3?

• @Seven_Patch:

Just thinking out loud here.

So if Russia attacks first, would Japan then focus on Russia/China?  Would Japan be able to push into Russia before being at war with the rest of the allies?
    Yes, they can focus on both, but they’ll all go to war on turn 3

If Russia is busy fighting a war against Japan, does that make them more vulnerable to a German early attack on G2 or G3?
    Not really. And Russian moves against Japan will be mainly with the 18 inf, which won’t reach Europe for 7 turns. At best, maybe a few units will defend China

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Seven_Patch:

Not really. And Russian moves against Japan will be mainly with the 18 inf, which won’t reach Europe for 7 turns. At best, maybe a few units will defend China

So the short answer is no, it doesn’t hurt the Russians to have two fronts.  I know in 1942 and revised it did if you were to play with the same political situation as 1940, so what went wrong for Global 1940?

• @Seven_Patch:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Seven_Patch:

So the short answer is no, it doesn’t hurt the Russians to have two fronts.  I know in 1942 and revised it did if you were to play with the same political situation as 1940, so what went wrong for Global 1940?

Russia got bigger. In 1942, Buryatia was 3 spaces from Moscow. In Global, its 6-8 spaces(I’m not sure how many). Also, in 1942, Russia had 10 inf East of Moscow, only 6 in the Far Eastern territories. Now they have 18.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Seven_Patch:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Seven_Patch:

Russia got bigger. In 1942, Buryatia was 3 spaces from Moscow. In Global, its 6-8 spaces(I’m not sure how many). Also, in 1942, Russia had 10 inf East of Moscow, only 6 in the Far Eastern territories. Now they have 18.

Japan has a mighty air force

• All the more reason to hurry up and be the 24th so we can all have fun playing out the scenarios!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m