• how do i see djensens twitter pics?

• @katfishkris:

how do i see djensens twitter pics?

Heres the link http://yfrog.com/3utm3sj

• If you ask me, it seems Malta won’t matter much because they’d have to get enough there to be able to sink the whole Italian navy by scrambling, or get a decent land force in there to protect their planes, which would mean getting by the Italian navy, which if you can do it, likely means the Italian navy is sitting at the bottom of the Mediterranean, in which case you don’t need Malta.

• i know in the past even 1 or 2 fighters on malta has caused quite a bit of frustration for the Axis in sinking transports on their way to N Africa. also gibralter was key stepping stone for British to ferry fighters and bombers to malta and Africa.

• @Proud:

@lnmajor:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

I’m rather surprised Malta is empty.

Malta is empty and Gibralter has a unprotected AB and NB?

Exactly

Well, Larry did say the players would have to transform Malta into the “fortress” that it was historically.

• OK when will the US Atantic Fleet get some respect?  Only 1 Destroyer it should at least get a CA or a Battleship

• @Bluecoat1861:

OK when will the US Atantic Fleet get some respect?  Only 1 Destroyer it should at least get a CA or a Battleship

Well, it’s 1940.  And the USA has a lot of money……

• Well since it is 1940 there wouldn’t be much of a fleet in the Atlantic. I mean you do have a lot of money with the US so it wouldn’t be too hard to buy one right away.

• @Bluecoat1861:

OK when will the US Atantic Fleet get some respect?  Only 1 Destroyer it should at least get a CA or a Battleship

Might be one of the “playability issues” Larry always mentions, but trust me, I feel you on that regard.

• @Bluecoat1861:

yeah, in 1940 im sure the US atlantic fleet had at least some Cruisers and maybe 1 BB in there.
    weak.

• @Proud:

@katfishkris:

how do i see djensens twitter pics?

Heres the link http://yfrog.com/3utm3sj

thank you so much.  looks great!!  cant wait to play.

thanks for the pics djensen

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@cminke:

BEUDY EH!

Seconded, you hoser!

• I think it says that there are 4 fighters in the UK

• @savage:

I think it says that there are 4 fighters in the UK

Still think its 3 cause i looked at other 4s and its not the same blur. any other opinions?

• @Proud:

@savage:

I think it says that there are 4 fighters in the UK

Still think its 3 cause i looked at other 4s and its not the same blur. any other opinions?

Sure looks like “1 fighters” to me……

• nah its fatter than a 1. I was the original one who did this remember? anyway back on  topic….its either 4 or 3 not 1. anyone have an idea?

• To me, it definitely looks like a 1 but I launched an investigation, resulting in the following:

The only units on UK according to the setup are Infantry and Fighters. I think that’s agreed upon.

If you would kindly load up the map of the setup at: http://yfrog.com/3utm3sj

Then you will see that on UK there is a non-infantry unit on the UK, as it’s kinda flat to be intended to be a sculpt of a person. Therefore, we must conclude it is a fighter. This unit has chips under it. Therefore I believe we can assume that the number is more than 1 Fighter.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

To me, it definitely looks like a 1 but I launched an investigation, resulting in the following:

The only units on UK according to the setup are Infantry and Fighters. I think that’s agreed upon.

If you would kindly load up the map of the setup at: http://yfrog.com/3utm3sj

Then you will see that on UK there is a non-infantry unit on the UK, as it’s kinda flat to be intended to be a sculpt of a person. Therefore, we must conclude it is a fighter. This unit has chips under it. Therefore I believe we can assume that the number is more than 1 Fighter.

Actually this proves my point. look slightly to the left theres chips under it and its a fighter. Its not next to france pieces.
    its under the IC. so it must be more than 2. which eliminates 1. picture is attached highlighting  my point.

tm3s3.jpg

• I have some issues with the british starting units and placement, since German naval strategies have been some of my favorites in previous games.  Sealion with the currently posted setup for Round 1 will be way too deadly and overpowered for the UK player to counter.  So I’m agreeing with “the more than 1 fighter on UK” people… think about it:

There have to be at least 2 if not 3 (or even 4) fighters in the UK at setup since it says “fighterS” in the UK setup card.  3 would make at least some sense since it seems the UK will absolutely need every ounce of fighting power it can get UK1 to prevent a G2 knockout Sealion attack… ONE infantry defending the islands UK1???  At 29 IPCs for UK1 the most they can afford to defend the isle is 7 infantry and 1 tank, and even with the Canadian units dropped (1 tank and 1 inf, if they can even reach that far to the UK on the first turn), its like 9 inf 1 armor 2 (or 3 or 4) fig against a full 4 (or 5!!!) German transports (built G1 since it seems Western Germany has access to the Baltic with a Major IC!!!..) with at least 4 arm and 4 inf and up to 6+ planes as backup.  This isn’t even counting in bb and cruiser hits if Germany clears the SZs appropriately on the way.  This definitely opens up some really easy Sealion opportunities for Germany, so I’m thinking that the Brits have to have at least 4 defending fighters to really make the Germans think twice before trying a Round 2 knockout.  With only 1 fighter present UK1, its laughably impossible to stop Germany at all.  4 fighters would also force Germany to build some defensive fleet units instead of transports to keep the battleship from being splashed on UK1 too, so that makes it more balancing historically as well.  (Though even with 4 fighters I think Sealion could still be a viable strategy, just a lot more unlikely to pull off.)

Malta…  FORTRESS Malta?.. REALLY, LARRY???  Apparently they must have been resupplying the base at this point in history in Spring 1940…  Britain goes before Italy in the turn order, however, so I assume there’s some way they can fortify before Italy’s turn with units from Gibraltar or Egypt.  Looks like it will be an open/shut case however, or just not worth trying to defend or taking.  But I’m thinking with a German Sealion strategy saving Malta will be the last thing on the British player’s mind.

• G1 sealion is impossibe
    there is a UK destroyer and Fremch cruiser blocking in the German Navy. Past that, touching the UK are 2 sets of Battlship + Transport.

By G2 im sure there will be more UK units there

Also a French infantry starts in UK for some reason.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m