• Midway would be awesome to see how they incorporate the Fog of War and other factors that came into play historically.

If it’s just a flat out CAG slug fest it would be disappointing, IMTO.

And Battle of Britain… I’d get behind that only if you can carry on to a full Sea Lion.
    But that’s just me.

• @allboxcars:

Midway would be awesome to see how they incorporate the Fog of War and other factors that came into play historically.

If it’s just a flat out CAG slug fest it would be disappointing, IMTO.

And Battle of Britain… I’d get behind that only if you can carry on to a full Sea Lion.
    But that’s just me.

For Britain would you put in new air unit? The battle was fought in the air, and I think 3 (maybe 2) types of planes won’t cut it.

• There would also be dive bombers, air bases, different types of industrial centers, ports, and aa guns.

We could finally get a Hawker Hurricane mold for the british fighter.

@allboxcars:

Midway would be awesome to see how they incorporate the Fog of War and other factors that came into play historically.

Yes, that would be sweet.

And I suppose the Battle of Britian could include operation Sea Lion, but if its to be historical some games will be alot shorter as the land invasion may never happen.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

And I suppose the Battle of Britian could include operation Sea Lion, but if its to be historical some games will be alot shorter as the land invasion may never happen.

yes definitely it would have to be a three-phase deal: skies, channel, boots on the ground.
    You only get to proceed to the next phase by successfully completing previous phases.

• '10

I voted for Operation Barbarossa 1941, Gazela 1942, and Kursk 1943. Stalingrad 1942 might be good also. But I do not look for any of these to happen because of no U.S. involved on the eastern front. And it appears that Larry does not want North Africa. That is why I am moving along with creating my own Mediterranean game. It is possible that if German intel had been what it should have been at Kursk, they might have waited in a strong defensive posture for the Soviets to attack first and wear out their armor and then counter-attack.

• With the right amout of interests and funds I think Larry would make an A&A Gazala, he just said he wont do A&A africa.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

With the right amout of interests and funds I think Larry would make an A&A Gazala, he just said he wont do A&A africa.

You’ve made this claim a lot. Could you post a link to where he said it?

• El Alamein: cause it was the deciding battle in the desert and some new Italian units might come along with it.
    Invasion of Mayala: Because World Forge messed up with just doing Singapore and I would like some neat swordfish bombers and jap bicycle inf.
    Midway: I would like to sea Mr. Harris’s take on carrier combat and I just saw the movie a few days ago.

Well Midway is my second choice. I like Carrier battle but El Alamein still my first choice.

Midway movie is a must.
    I presume you saw Tobrouk…not a bad movie

• @crusaderiv:

I presume you saw Tobrouk…not a bad movie

Not a good movie either but i get what you mean.

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Emperor_Taiki:

With the right amout of interests and funds I think Larry would make an A&A Gazala, he just said he wont do A&A africa.

You’ve made this claim a lot. Could you post a link to where he said it?

I remember him saying it in his forum a while ago, I forgot where it was. I guess you’ll just have to take it on faith :lol:.

• i posted this somewhere else, but instead of battle of berlin, how about RACE TO BERLIN. the object of the game is for RUSSIAN, BRITISH, and US forces to be the first to take BERLIN. this could be cool becouse of the great rivailry between PATTON and MONTGOMERY. the allies would be forced to drive hard and fast before crucial bridges were blown up by GERMANY. at the same time the    allies would have to keep ever growing supply lines open. GERMANY tries to slow them all down thru defence fortifications, sabotage, as i said, bridge demolition, and maybe even a one time “battle of the buldge” type of event done at GERMANYS choosing.
    what does anyone think?

• Well, it dosnt seem very historical. Churchill and Roosevelt had already argeed to let the Soviets have berlin, Ike didnt see any sence wasting allied resources taking something that they would have to give right back to the russians. Let the soviets bleed fighting the suprsingly tough hitler youth and whatever was left of the german forces, was the thinking. Maybe it could be a five player game Germans/Soviets/Monty/Patton/Ike. The Ike player would spend his time trying to make sure Monty and Patton didnt take berlin.

I am not putting it on the list cause its so multi-sided and the players goals arn’t that clear, but it sounds like it could be a good game.
    It kinda sounds like a 1944 setup for AAE40.

• i  didnt not know that. how did we wind up with half of BERLIN anyway? still love the idea of taking bridges and towns under pressure. bridges speed your advance, towns allow you some sort of supplies. plus still have to keep supply lines open.
    i would also love to see a MIDWAY game with tons of navy and aircraft. you would need to have some kind of “fog of war” mechinisim in the rules. ships and aircraft would have to constintly have to “locate” enemy ships and aircraft to engauge.

• The decision, for berlin to be slit was made at the postadm coference. I guess the soviets regretted letting the allies have half of berlin as they tried to take it back a few years later.

And yah fog of war sounds awesome. idk how though.

• How would Germany win this game. Plus only 5 players could play no more or no less.

• @finnman:

How would Germany win this game. Plus only 5 players could play no more or no less.

yeah, only about 4 or 5 players. Germany could win if the allies run out of steam before they get to Berlin, sort of like FORTERESS AMERICA. that game has America attacked from east,west, and south from 3 different players with limited reinforcements. if they dont crush mainland US forces by like the 5th or 6th round America can win by surviving. thats how Germany wins. the cool thing about the game is that it probably would be playable in 4 0r 5 hours. cool when you need an AA fix on Friday night and cant do a 5 am AA global game when you have to work Sat. morning.

• And yah fog of war sounds awesome. idk how though.

the only way to do fog of war i think would to use task force markers on the board and you oppoinent would not see the ship grouping until it is spotted and identified, sort of like stratigo. that game was kind of fun before we all discovered AA. you would have to roll dice like ASW in AA to detect subs. this would have to be a 2 player game. again probably played out in an enjoyable 2 or 3 hrs. whatya think?

• I’m up for anything similar to BOTB. Kursk seems a terrific candidate for that.

• The biggest problem I see for a Race to Berlin is that the German player gets to decide who he wants to let win.

• @dinosaur:

The biggest problem I see for a Race to Berlin is that the German player gets to decide who he wants to let win.

ahh!
    did not even think of that.but like i said in previous post Germanys incentive is to hold out until the allies run out of reinforcements. by blowing up bridges and disrupting supply lines Germany could win. it wouldnt be easy but i wouldnt automatically assume germany would lose. in FORTRESS AMERICA game, America won a good amount of times even being attacked from east,west and southern boarders by 3 separate enemies trying all to achieve individual goals. i dont know? any better ideas on this?

• I’d like to see a battle with some not so dominant powers or a battle not involving the US, Germany, or Britian, if that’s at all possible. I don’t know a lot about the war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m