What do you want to be the next AA game?

• @Axisgirl:

What are you talking about LOTR risk was the worst one they EVER made!

Seconded.

edit:  I also voted other because I do not know what I would like to see next, so I will default my vote to whatever Larry produces.

• @Axisgirl:

What are you talking about LOTR risk was the worst one they EVER made!

What’s LOTR?

• Lord of the Rings

• @LHoffman:

@Dylan:

@cminke:

which suked(although i love star wars)

I liked it.

No Dylan, it was quite bad. We played it maybe once. Lord of the Rings RISK is the game of RISK to be sure.

As for A&A, I’d vote Star Wars.

Which one the Original Trilogy or Clone Wars

• Get back on topivc

• Just saying that half of the choices in this poll are just as likly to happen as A&A LOTR of A&A Star Wars.

Only Stalingrad, Midway, Operation Marktet Garden, the Battle of France, and the Battle of Britain are actual possibilites for future A&A games. The other options have already been done and its called AAP40&AAE40.

• I would LOVE to see a CBI game, but im pretty sureim alone in that  :|
    There was this great book called “The Burma Road” by Donovan Webster that covered that theater in depth, from the commanders, the troops, the terrain, the politics and the battles. Its a wonderful read and its not too long. I would love to see A&A games tackle this theater, with all its different and colorful elements, but I know most people would like to see it  :|

• Umm, let’s look at a few:
    CBI: P40 doesn’t have flying over the hump, a difficult  China/India, or guerilla forces in China
    Med: E40 won’t have supply lines, more territories in N.Africa, or large navies in the Med
    Eastern Front: E40 won’t have partisans, trucks, or oil
    Atlantic: E40 won’t have convoys in the middle of the ocean, or the ability for the allies to scramble air

• Didn’t Larry Harris make a GI Joe game.

Anyways, East Front is must make! Not necessary a whole East Front game, but battles within. Everyone is too picky about US.

US made the box art of both of the 40’s (being near the top) Britain’s only in Pacific 40

US is in all the games! Russia have never had a battle game!

So they need East Front game somewhere.

• @Dylan:

Not necessary a whole East Front game, but battles within.

Right, Larry Harris is going to make games out of iconic battles and campaigns, he has aready said he is not intersted in making A&A africa.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Umm, let’s look at a few:
    CBI: P40 doesn’t have flying over the hump, a difficult  China/India, or guerilla forces in China
    Med: E40 won’t have supply lines, more territories in N.Africa, or large navies in the Med
    Atlantic: E40 won’t have convoys in the middle of the ocean, or the ability for the allies to scramble air

Those are house rules, not a new game.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@calvinhobbesliker:

They’ll most likely need a new game since adding them may unbalance the game

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think what CHL is trying to say is that the theatre scale games or global miss some defining characteristics that a new dedicated operational game could incorporate into the OOB rules.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@Dylan:

Not necessary a whole East Front game, but battles within.

Right, Larry Harris is going to make games out of iconic battles and campaigns

In the Eastern Front?

• TripleA '12

I would really love to see a Eastern Front/Operation Barbarossa game. It could be Stalingrad, Kursk or whatever. It would have Germany, Soviet Union and perhaps a third player (Italy? Hungary/Romania/Finland/Bulgaria?). Yes, I think we should have two Axis players and one Allies, for a change. And no US or UK. How about that?

• Did Bulge have the UK as a playable power?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Did Bulge have the UK as a playable power?

No but I think IL’s did.

• @finnman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Did Bulge have the UK as a playable power?

No but I think IL’s did.

It had British pieces though.

• @allboxcars:

@Emperor_Taiki:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think what CHL is trying to say is that the theatre scale games or global miss some defining characteristics that a new dedicated operational game could incorporate into the OOB rules.

How would any of these be operational scale? They all cover an entire front or mini-theater over the course of many years. If you want logistics and moving supplies around to be a factor like it is in AABOTB, then the next A&A should be a battle/campaign focused game.

• But what if you want a mix of tactical warfare(logistics and supply) and strategic(using money)?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m