• think about this say the US bought like 2 Battleship’s per turn, they could own the Pacific, because like it will take for ever to kill anything because they’d keep on being repaired at the end of a battle, and are very strong.

• 2 BB’s cost 48 in revised, and they usually make 38-40 a turn(after China and Sinkiang are captured)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

2 BB’s cost 48 in revised, and they usually make 38-40 a turn(after China and Sinkiang are captured)

damn it I’m too used to Spring 42

• '12

First of all you need a mix in fleet and in land units.  Second, even at 20 a BB would be a sitting duck for 18 IPC of subs.  3 subs CRUSH a battleship with an average loss of a single sub costing 6 IPC.  If all you had were BBs I would flood the ocean with subs and pick and choose when i want to fight.  So you would need some DDs but still subs would kill you, so you need air units combined with DDs to project power.  In order to get in striking distance of subs, because you have to move up you have to put yourself in harms way, let the enemy decide to attack you or not.  You might need blocking DDs to get your fleet close enough to project power onto the subs and force a retreat as they can’t stand a few DDs with airpower.  In other words, you need combined arms to win.  That is one reason I hate to use a single bomber against an AA.  Going from 1 to zero is a 100% loss of the service of a bomber and the power it projects over a wide swath of area.  Think about it, a single bomber might cause you to defend against it in 6 different places.  Even by doing nothing, the power it projects influences the battlespace.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

First of all you need a mix in fleet and in land units.  Second, even at 20 a BB would be a sitting duck for 18 IPC of subs.  3 subs CRUSH a battleship with an average loss of a single sub costing 6 IPC.  If all you had were BBs I would flood the ocean with subs and pick and choose when i want to fight.  So you would need some DDs but still subs would kill you, so you need air units combined with DDs to project power.  In order to get in striking distance of subs, because you have to move up you have to put yourself in harms way, let the enemy decide to attack you or not.  You might need blocking DDs to get your fleet close enough to project power onto the subs and force a retreat as they can’t stand a few DDs with airpower.  In other words, you need combined arms to win.  That is one reason I hate to use a single bomber against an AA.  Going from 1 to zero is a 100% loss of the service of a bomber and the power it projects over a wide swath of area.  Think about it, a single bomber might cause you to defend against it in 6 different places.  Even by doing nothing, the power it projects influences the battlespace.

The subs cost 8 IPC in revised
    7 if you posses  ˝War Economy˝ NA

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m