My AAA Command Center Bunker

• Customizer

Here are some pics of the start of my AAA command center / bunker / man’s room(missing the beer fridge…lol).  Much more to do but this is the start.  Notice the electronic IPC chart to keep track of our IPCs without having a board on the table that can get knocked around.  Also a battleboard on display for a reference on the attack and defend stats for each units.

Table was built to support the new upcoming AA Global game.
    Bunker1.JPG
    Bunker2.JPG
    Bunker3.JPG

• '10

Awesome bunker!  Can’t wait to get pictures with the NEW map!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Very Cool!

• @coachofmany:

Very Cool!

Indeed.  :-o

• Customizer

Now that is a serious A&A HQ!  Cool.

• Drool!

• ENVIOUS BEYOND MEASURE!!!
    That is so bad ass dude! Be my friend and invite me over to play!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• Looks Great Twisted, Two more weeks and the dice will fly again… When are you posting pics of the new board???

• @TwistedAries:

Here are some pics of the start of my AAA command center / bunker / man’s room(missing the beer fridge…lol).  Much more to do but this is the start.  Notice the electronic IPC chart to keep track of our IPCs without having a board on the table that can get knocked around.  Also a battleboard on display for a reference on the attack and defend stats for each units.

I think a close up the Rye on the table is in order… Lots of men died for a drink of rye…

• Customizer

@Pricie:

@TwistedAries:

I think a close up the Rye on the table is in order… Lots of men died for a drink of rye…

Definitely!  And there sure was a lot of rye gone by the end of the second game….geesh!  :wink:

• Man this is so great!!! :-o….how did you do that…i mean…those tvs with ipc track

• Customizer

@Napoleon:

Man this is so great!!! :-o….how did you do that…i mean…those tvs with ipc track

Currently it is just a image that I created in paintshop and has multiple layers which can be moved around.  Soon we will have a web page to keep track.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

Awesome bunker!  Can’t wait to get pictures with the NEW map!

Here it is!  A pic with Deaths Head 420’s Global map all set up and ready to play!  Map is 32x72!  This will be EPIC!!!

bunker3.JPG
    bunker4.JPG

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Looks rad! Yes, I know I want one…

One tip- More pieces - less or no chips = extra radness. This half the point of our own maps! Print it big, buy a gagillion minis, and never look at chips again.

Here’s my pic of IL’s 1942 map without needing chips. Never needed any the whole game! It was great.

• Thats great!

Now you need my Supreme map printed out :roll:

• '10

Twisted had the great idea of using the AAP40 (grey) ANZAC units for all the Neutrals.

He is also working on a special project for this game to calculate the IPCs?  But I will let him reveal that himself when the time comes.

Playing in the Twisted Bunker almost makes AAA a sport!

• Definitely 1 sharp bunker!

All it needs now is the hotties with the croupiers like the RAF used.  :-D

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I used to run a Similar Bunker, as sporting in deed.  I really like the Electronic Displays.

I’m noticing your basement is unfinished…  Dare I say, it wouldn’t take to much to complete the job?

Where abouts your live?  A few weekends of work and minor investment, would complete your house basement, and take your bunker to an unprecedented and undiscovered plain.

Just imagine putting up the dry-wall, getting a nice gray finish (Looks stunning trust me), doing some old-fashioned millwork.  Paint the doors steel. Setup some old radio equipment.  You could do a mural, or atleast put some posters up.  Better than Insulation, poly, and stick frame. :P

A few ammo crates full of any kind of food/candy you can imagine, a surrond sound system with 1000+ oldies and classical battle music playing.  And a fridge with nothing but Beer, Coke, and Red-Bulls.

I’ve got lots of flags, antiques, and nick-nacks locked away in a storage facility I need to give away.  We should talk.  Pm me.

• Customizer

@Variable:

Looks rad! Yes, I know I want one…

One tip- More pieces - less or no chips = extra radness. This half the point of our own maps! Print it big, buy a gagillion minis, and never look at chips again.

Here’s my pic of IL’s 1942 map without needing chips. Never needed any the whole game! It was great.

Definitely less chips would be cool but this map has over 150 territories and 140 sea zones compared to 60 territories and 64 sea zones in AA42 so it was a little difficult.  This map is already 6 feet in length and with double the amount units it was so difficult putting units on territories without putting them in the water or crossing another territory.  Unless I print it to fit my basement then maybe I won’t have to use chips.  I have IL’s map of AA50, which is beautiful by the way (thanks IL!), but this is a completely different map created by Deaths Head 420.

Check it out, here’s the link: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11672.0

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

I used to run a Similar Bunker, as sporting in deed.  I really like the Electronic Displays.

I’m noticing your basement is unfinished…  Dare I say, it wouldn’t take to much to complete the job?

Where abouts your live?  A few weekends of work and minor investment, would complete your house basement, and take your bunker to an unprecedented and undiscovered plain.

Just imagine putting up the dry-wall, getting a nice gray finish (Looks stunning trust me), doing some old-fashioned millwork.  Paint the doors steel. Setup some old radio equipment.  You could do a mural, or atleast put some posters up.  Better than Insulation, poly, and stick frame. :P

A few ammo crates full of any kind of food/candy you can imagine, a surrond sound system with 1000+ oldies and classical battle music playing.  And a fridge with nothing but Beer, Coke, and Red-Bulls.

I’ve got lots of flags, antiques, and nick-nacks locked away in a storage facility I need to give away.  We should talk.  Pm me.

I am definitely looking at completing my bunker but I am putting it together bit by bit.  A lot of your ideas was exactly what I was thinking about doing.  Although, you have additional ideas that I am very interested in.  I will definitely PM you to pick your brain.  Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m