• Hello,

Me and My friend are going to play some A&A game. Hes open to variants. Theres 2 of us so im looking for a good not to long variant. Im playing in a few days so please reply quick! :-)

• where are you?

• @Yavid:

where are you?

What? Why? I asked for some variants, not a survey  :wink:

• oh sorry I miss read I thought you were asking for players to play

• Customizer

Battle of the Bulge is a cool game. It’s for 2 players and is limited to 8 rounds. Guadalcanal and D-Day are pretty decent games too and also 2 player and a limited time.

The original A&A Europe (1999) and A&A Pacific (2001) are good games and shouldn’t be too lengthy, although you don’t get cruisers, tac bombers or mech inf.

Europe 1940 or Pacific 1940 are cool games, but will take a little longer I think. Not nearly as long as Global 1940 though.

Good luck on your choice.

• @knp7765:

Battle of the Bulge is a cool game. It’s for 2 players and is limited to 8 rounds. Guadalcanal and D-Day are pretty decent games too and also 2 player and a limited time.

The original A&A Europe (1999) and A&A Pacific (2001) are good games and shouldn’t be too lengthy, although you don’t get cruisers, tac bombers or mech inf.

Europe 1940 or Pacific 1940 are cool games, but will take a little longer I think. Not nearly as long as Global 1940 though.

Good luck on your choice.

Well, I only own G40, Classic, and Revised.
    So I was looking for a good variant for G40.
    Thanks anyways

• Customizer

Well, Classic and Revised are almost the same game in terms of game length and playability. The maps are a little different and you get more types of units with Revised.

If you have G40, then you have Europe 40 and Pacific 40. Either one of those will give you all the options of G40 (Major & Minor ICs, Air and Naval Bases) but not as many countries to worry about. Pacific 40 would probably be your best bet since you only have 1 Axis and 4 Allies, 3 of which are rather minor Allies in terms of income and planning.

• @knp7765:

Well, Classic and Revised are almost the same game in terms of game length and playability. The maps are a little different and you get more types of units with Revised.

If you have G40, then you have Europe 40 and Pacific 40. Either one of those will give you all the options of G40 (Major & Minor ICs, Air and Naval Bases) but not as many countries to worry about. Pacific 40 would probably be your best bet since you only have 1 Axis and 4 Allies, 3 of which are rather minor Allies in terms of income and planning.

Yeah i agree, but we were wanted to try something new, a variant.  :-)

• why don’t you try one of the G40 with a different start year. like G39 or G43?

• @Yavid:

why don’t you try one of the G40 with a different start year. like G39 or G43?

Well, there 2 of us and we only have like 4-5 hours. So we need a fast variant.

• why don’t you try one of the G40 with a different start year. like G39 or G43?

where are these alternate setup you speak of Yavid? my group would very much like an alternate balanced set up

• @poloplayer15:

where are these alternate setup you speak of Yavid? my group would very much like an alternate balanced set up

in the house rules part of this forum, They have G44 it says Germany wins if they haven’t been overrun by G5ish so it would be a fast one.

• @Yavid:

@poloplayer15:

in the house rules part of this forum, They have G44 it says Germany wins if they haven’t been overrun by G5ish so it would be a fast one.

Well those set ups take 1 hour 30 min-2 hour setup. I only have 4-5 hours.

• @empireman:

@Yavid:

@poloplayer15:

Well those set ups take 1 hour 30 min-2 hour setup. I only have 4-5 hours.

any global game takes that long to set up

• I made a 1941 limited scenario for Classic; basically divides the map into 3 parts you can play separately, and runs fairly quickly. I can try and give you a quick rundown, or dig up & post the full rules if you’re interested.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m