• @Dylan:

Do you think a good bonus would be, to hold an control the Magoint Line

No I don’t think so.
    While NOs are supposed to keep players to the historical script, encouraging them to stick with strategies that having hindsight they would not adopt and prevent them from doing “outlandish” things like taking Moscow from the East, in this case I think just an initial deployment in the Maginot line’s location would suffice.

I don’t think you need to handcuff the French to that zone.

Mind you this is said without knowing what the initial deployments and strengths will be. And IMTO if the French are ridiculously potent then something needs to bring them down to earth.

• @LHoffman:

@UN:

We didn’t have a chance the moment our Minister of Defense André Maginot came to power.

I am not familiar with him. Was he an imbecile or something? I guess he must have been if the French defenses evaporated like they did when the Germans came.

Does his last name not seem familiar? He’s the fool who invented the Maginot Line and encouraged the Government to spend untold millions on it.

• '10

@IronDuke:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I want a A&A North Africa with sea battles, land battles, air battles, and logistical support

I am interested in a North African or Mediterranean Theater game as well. I have been work on my own version over the past year. I have some rules that a friend and me have test a couple of times but it needs work. the map i created can be found at the following link. This pdf has the starting setup - November 1940 - with the British fleet ready for the Taranto raid.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jqnzzojlmz3/A&A MED final w setup.pdf

How do you print individual tiles of this map?

• @Fishmoto37:

@IronDuke:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I want a A&A North Africa with sea battles, land battles, air battles, and logistical support

I am interested in a North African or Mediterranean Theater game as well. I have been work on my own version over the past year. I have some rules that a friend and me have test a couple of times but it needs work. the map i created can be found at the following link. This pdf has the starting setup - November 1940 - with the British fleet ready for the Taranto raid.

I’d like to see the rules

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Fishmoto37:

@IronDuke:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’d like to see the rules

Yes and the rules!

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Im hoping for a WWI game the hundredth anniversary is coming up!

Now this sounds really interesting. Larry and Kreig, I hope you guys will at least consider this.

• What does everyone think about a Kursk game? It would implement the new pieces quite well, and every action would be important, the outcome of the battle could be a landslide victory, or a nailbiter to the very end. I would thoroughly enjoy this game.

• I know this kind of a up in the air idea. But what if we joined the winter war and the blitzkrieg together kinda like G40. We could also add a north Africa game. This would be the first AA game that could be expanded. Like a battle of Britain exspansion

• I still feel that a WWI game would be awesome, I mean why not? It was global, the scale was massive, modern weapons were used and the battleship was the king of the sea, not the carrier. Sounds like a formula for success for me.

• I can post the rules tomorrow. My hard drive is in my office. The arrow between Sicily and Malta signifies that fighters can attack between. The rules I have been using restrict fighters to a maximum of 3 spaces - bombers 5. the rules should clear it up. I would love to get feedback after some playing if anybody gets that far. I will put up a clean map without setup as well. It was created in adobe illustrator and I print it from that software. I could break it down into multiple page PDF to solve the tiling issue.

• @IronDuke:

I can post the rules tomorrow. My hard drive is in my office. The arrow between Sicily and Malta signifies that fighters can attack between. The rules I have been using restrict fighters to a maximum of 3 spaces - bombers 5. the rules should clear it up. I would love to get feedback after some playing if anybody gets that far. I will put up a clean map without setup as well. It was created in adobe illustrator and I print it from that software. I could break it down into multiple page PDF to solve the tiling issue.

Does that mean that a fighter moving from Malta to Sicily only needs to move 1 space?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@IronDuke:

I can post the rules tomorrow. My hard drive is in my office. The arrow between Sicily and Malta signifies that fighters can attack between. The rules I have been using restrict fighters to a maximum of 3 spaces - bombers 5. the rules should clear it up. I would love to get feedback after some playing if anybody gets that far. I will put up a clean map without setup as well. It was created in adobe illustrator and I print it from that software. I could break it down into multiple page PDF to solve the tiling issue.

Does that mean that a fighter moving from Malta to Sicily only needs to move 1 space?

Well let’s just say that it uses up all of it’s movement. If a fighter attacks Sicily from Malta it has to land in Malta. And vice versa.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@UN:

I am not familiar with him. Was he an imbecile or something? I guess he must have been if the French defenses evaporated like they did when the Germans came.

Does his last name not seem familiar? He’s the fool who invented the Maginot Line and encouraged the Government to spend untold millions on it.

Oh yes, I see. Evidently the French spared no expense for something that did not even work?

• @LHoffman:

@UN:

Oh yes, I see. Evidently the French spared no expense for something that did not even work?

Its design was amazing–-if the Germans tried to attack it it would indeed fail. It just failed in its purpose of stopping them. If it had extended all the way to the English Channel with absolutely no openings it would have done something. The Germans broke through at Sedan—at the hinge where the Maginot Line ended in Belgium and the minor forts began.

• @UN:

@LHoffman:

@UN:

Its design was amazing–-if the Germans tried to attack it it would indeed fail. It just failed in its purpose of stopping them. If it had extended all the way to the English Channel with absolutely no openings it would have done something. The Germans broke through at Sedan—at the hinge where the Maginot Line ended in Belgium and the minor forts began.

Actually, near the end of the Battle of France, the Germans attacked the Maginot Line and broke through

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@LHoffman:

@UN:

Actually, near the end of the Battle of France, the Germans attacked the Maginot Line and broke through

They broke through only at several weak points; the main fortifications were still in French hands, garrisoned with commanders who were willing to hold out. Unfortunately by that time the Government had surrendered.

The weak points that they broke through were at La Ferte (southeast of Sedan), the Line between St. Avold and Saarbrücken, Germany, and the Vosges Mountains. However the Germans failed to break the Line at Wissemburg and the main parts of the Line. Evidently, the Maginot Line was not perfect, as the Germans demonstrated. But if the main attack was directed at the Maginot Line I doubt they would have gotten far.

• Yeah, I just found those out from wikipedia. The germans probaby attacked it for the same reason Japan in P40 attacks Mongolia: to prove they can.

I find it really funny that, despite the stereotypical Frenchman who always surrenders, Italy’s invasion of France on June 10 failed and was driven back.

• By the way, are you French?

Was Bordeaux in the occupied zone or Vichy France?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@calvinhobbesliker:

By the way, are you French?

Yes I too am curious… are you French?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

By the way, are you French?

Half. My dad is from France and my mom is from Arizona. I myself currently reside in Austin, TX (though I’m in Tiverton, RI right now on vacation)  :mrgreen:

Occupied zone. Now what a lot of people don’t know is that the Vichy government did have legal authority in the Occupied zone as well. It just couldn’t conflict with German military occupation rules. Bordeaux was in the Atlantic wall zone though, so to travel around that area got exceedingly difficult.

Yeah, I just found those out from wikipedia. The germans probaby attacked it for the same reason Japan in P40 attacks Mongolia: to prove they can.

I find it really funny that, despite the stereotypical Frenchman who always surrenders, Italy’s invasion of France on June 10 failed and was driven back.

Ah, Wikipedia. Nice source of info, though I take everything I read there with a grain of salt. Also yes, attacking Mongolia is fun, though I’ve only done it once.

Yeah, Italy’s military record of invading countries in WWII kinda sucks. France, Greece, Egypt. Reminds me exactly of A&A infantry: they suck attacking (unless in swarms), but they’re better at defending.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m